Assistant Company Secretary
- Benenden Health
- York, however home working is available
- At or around £34,500 per annum, pro-rata
- Job title
- Assistant company secretary
- Job type
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Company Secretary to join our Corporate Governance Team on a temporary basis to cover maternity leave.
The role will be expected to provide high quality, professional company secretarial support for entities within the Benenden group.
The role will be responsible for:
• Supporting the development of corporate governance best practice in all entities within the Benenden group.
• Providing company secretarial support to a number of boards and board committees, including Chairman liaison, preparation of agendas, creation and collation of board packs, taking minutes, following up on action points and providing governance advice.
• Maintaining accurate documentation of corporate governance activities and processes, including updating and maintaining the statutory books for subsidiary companies.
• Managing the Benenden group policy framework to ensure that the policy framework is consistently applied, including maintenance of policy templates and guidance documentation and serving as the primary point of contact for advice on policies.
The successful candidate will have:
• Experience in a company secretarial or senior administrative environment.
• A relevant professional qualification, e.g. ICSA part-qualified or qualified, or be prepared to study towards this.
Role based in York, however, home working is available for this role.
As a valued colleague, we offer you a range of benefits including;
• Competitive Salary
• Free Benenden Health membership
• Limited onsite parking
• Up to 35 days’ holiday including bank holidays
• Pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• Excellent training and development
• Cycle to work scheme
• Employee engagement events
• Supporting local charities
• Opportunities to give back to our community through volunteering
• Mental Health First Aiders
• Free onsite gym.
For full information, please refer to the Role Profile. .
Salary: At or around £34,500 per annum, pro-rata, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Hours of Work: Flexibility available between 30 hours per week and 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.