Assistant Company Secretary
£Attractive + Bonus + Study Support – London
We have been exclusively appointed by an alternative investment management company who are seeking an Assistant Company Secretary to support their company secretarial function. Working closely with an accomplished Company Secretary in a team of 2, you will provide oversight over c150 entities whilst supporting FCA-regulated subsidiary board meetings, amongst a wide variety of company secretarial duties including the administration of fund entities (issuing of capital reductions, strike offs etc.). This is an exciting opportunity with plenty of room for growth within the role; we’re looking for someone with a ‘can-do’ attitude who will thrive in a fast-paced and diligent environment. Ideally, you will be at least part ICSA-qualified with strong interpersonal skills and eager to learn; please get in touch today if this sounds like you!
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Attending and minuting an FCA-regulated board and providing board support assistance to the Group board.
- Oversee the wind-up of investee companies, including capital reductions and strike offs.
- Oversee the investee companies, including strike offs and capital reductions.
- Manage the investment process – share allotments, reconciling applications and allocation of investments.
- Liaise with third parties such as the registrar, custodian, HMRC in managing funds throughout the lifecycle hereby maintaining group governance and the investee company.
- Provide support with the FCA reporting and compliance updates to the board.
- Maintain up to date registers, statutory filings, insurance.
Experience and Qualifications
- Educated to degree-level.
- At least part-qualified in the Chartered Secretaries Qualifying Scheme.
- Prior experience within a company secretarial function is essential.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft Excel is preferred.
Personal Qualities and Behaviours
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail and meticulously organised.
- Sense of responsibility and ownership of workload, with the ability to prioritise tasks effectively.
Thank you for your interest in this Core Job. If you’d like to apply for this job, please click on “apply” and attach the latest version of your CV (unless we already have it). Alternatively, you can always give one of our Recruitment Partners a call.
Reference Number: 1619