Corporate Governance Manager
£Competitive + Benefits - London
Our client, an education charity is looking for a Corporate Governance Manager to join their company secretarial department. Reporting to the Governance Director, you will oversee Board and Committee duties and comprehensive governance and decision-making frameworks. Furthermore, you will also be responsible for supporting the Governance Director with governance stakeholders, in communications, development and board evaluation. The successful candidate will be possessing the gravitas needed to support a heavy-weight Board of Trustees and a demonstrable background in governance within the non-profit sector. If you’re looking to develop your governance career within a leading charitable organisation, get in touch today!
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure timely filings, returns, resolutions and maintenance for all legal entities.
- Manage, prepare agendas, attend and minute Board and Committee meetings.
- Develop governance induction packages to support new trustees.
- Oversee compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements such as Companies House.
- Contribute to the annual review of decision-making framework, furthermore, maintaining the risk strategy and registrar.
- Provide support in line managing the Governance Officer.
Experience and Qualifications
- ICSA qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Strong corporate governance or company secretarial background.
- Demonstrable experience in managing, preparing agendas and minuting board meetings.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office software.
Personal Qualities and Behaviours
- Highly organised with a keen attention to detail; able to priotise effectively working to multiple deadlines.
- Work with a level of discretion; often handling confidential or sensitive information.
- Possess a positive nature with a “can-do” attitude with a flexible approach.
Thank you for your interest in this Core Job. If you’d like to apply for this job, please click on “apply” and attach the latest version of your CV (unless we already have it). Alternatively, you can always give one of our Recruitment Partners a call.
Reference Number: 1617
More search results
Assistant Company Secretary - (Senior Administrat…
Interim Co Sec Manager (12m FTC) - Corporate and …
BWW Exclusive: FTSE250 - PA/Company Secretary Ass…
BWW Exclusive: FTSE 250 Assistant Secretary (Seni…
BWW Exclusive: Assistant Co-Sec - Charity Sector