Non-Executive Director - Matrix Academy Trust
Matrix Academy Trust
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Walsall? Matrix Academy Trust seeks a non-executive director/trustee to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at academy trusts throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
The four-school Matrix Academy Trust, founded in 2014, is situated in Walsall, West Midlands. It seeks one trustee with skills in change management, risk management and business development as it takes on key challenges over the coming 12-24 months; these include educational continuity post-Covid-19 and, as a School Centred Initial Teaching Training (SCITT) base, promoting teaching as a valued occupation serving the needs of the trust’s communities. Board meetings are held at Barr Beacon School, Walsall.
The board seeks a business leaderswith expertise in
- change management
- business development
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- To remain focussed on providing quality educational continuity within its academies and provide support for other trusts where needed in the post-Covid-19 environment;
- To continue to promote teaching as a valued occupation serving the needs of the trust’s communities;
- To continue to support academy status at a national level.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our Ambassadors alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please send a copy of your CV and details of your location to us, either through this website or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. A full trust specification is available at https://www.academyambassadors.org/board-opportunities.
We strongly recommend applying as early as you can to have the best possible chance of being considered as we may change the closing date if we have received sufficient applications.