Non-Executive Director - Diocese Bristol Academies Trust (DBAT)
Diocese Bristol Academies Trust (DBAT)
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Bristol, Wiltshire or Swindon? The Diocese of Bristol Academy Trust seeks three non-executives/directors to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
The Diocese of Bristol Academies Trust (DBAT) is a Church of England multi-academy trust (MAT) made up of 14 schools across the Bristol, Wiltshire and Swindon areas. The Trust is growing and at an exciting point in its development. The Trust is seeking to appoint three non-executive directors of with expertise in HR, communications, estates and facilities management to drive and support change and enable growth.
The board seeks three executive level business leaders with expertise in
- Human Resources/ Organisational Development or
- Marketing/ Communications or
- Estates and Facilities Management or
- Growth/Change management or
- Corporate Risk/ Audit
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Managing the changes needed for growth - developing a central service support model, growing Trust infrastructure and communication capabilities.
- Sustaining school improvement – The Trust is committed to all schools achieving a rating of
‘good’ or ‘outstanding’ at their next Ofsted inspection by driving school improvement.
·Meeting the financial challenge of the current funding climate and realising the opportunities for greater effectiveness and efficiencies from growth.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available at www.academyambassadors.org
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.