Assistant Company Secretary
£70,000 - 80,000 + good benefits - Birmingham
Our client is seeking an experienced Assistant Company Secretary to join its growing team based in the centre of Birmingham. Reporting into the Head of Secretariat, and with the indirect oversight of one junior, work will be broad and varied. You will be responsible for a portfolio of highly regulated subsidiaries, including running their individual board and committee meetings, as well as regular interaction with the group entity, running the Executive and Risk Management committee and supporting the Head of Secretariat with the Audit committee. The ideal candidate will have prior exposure to a highly regulated environment, but this isn’t required. Prior attendance at board and committee meetings is a must. This role offers the opportunity to work up to two days from home per week with excellent additional benefits. If you are a hard-working individual who can work to tight deadlines, then please get in touch today!
Key Role and Responsibility
- Handling all aspects of board support, including attending, minuting and advising at board and committee meetings.
- Acting as the named secretary for certain regulated subsidiaries, being the first point of call for any queries in relation to those entities.
- Maintaining strong standards of Governance comparable to a listed company.
- Keeping records and responding to legal requests.
- Supporting Non-executive Directors and Committee advisors, including onboarding and training.
Experience and Qualifications
- Qualified Chartered Secretary (or very near qualification) or Solicitor.
- Financial services experience or prior exposure to a listed environment is highly desirable.
Personal Qualities and Behaviours
- Able to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to develop and maintain strong relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Thank you for your interest in this Core Job. If you’d like to apply for this job, please click on “apply” and attach the latest version of your CV (unless we already have it). Alternatively, you can always give one of our Recruitment Partners a call.
Reference Number: 1614