Non-Executive Director - Impact Education Multi Academy Trust
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Huddersfield? Impact Education Multi Academy Trust seeks a new non-executive director/trustee to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Impact Education Multi Academy Trust was founded by The Halifax Academy and is a values driven organisation with a belief that working collaboratively and sharing ideas can achieve real impact on the education and life chances of young people.
The trust serves a broad spectrum of children and families across five academies. The trust also has two more schools with clear plans to join the trust. The addition of a primary and a secondary should be complete before Christmas and will mean the trust has doubled in size in the space of 18 months. Once the new schools join the trust will serve 3700 children with around 600 staff and manage a budget of around £26 million.
The board seeks a business leader with expertise in
- Change Management
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Managing a period of rapid growth whilst ensuring systems and processes are fit for purpose, compliant and can scale;
- Managing complex capital projects linked to new academies joining the trust;
- Ensuring financial sustainability of the trust whilst growing rapidly (trust finances are currently sound);
- Ensuring strong governance of finance, risk management and compliance to protect the ensure long-term sustainability.
The Board meets up to 6 times per year which includes the AGM and a strategic planning meeting. In addition, the board operates one Finance, Audit & Risk sub-committee which meets 6 times a year and the successful candidate would also be expected to join this subcommittee. All meetings are normally on a Monday, starting at 6 pm and lasting for up to 2 hours.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our Ambassadors alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please send a copy of your CV and details of your location to us, either through this website or directly to email@example.com. A full trust specification is available at https://www.academyambassadors.org/board-opportunities.
We strongly recommend applying as early as you can to have the best possible chance of being considered as we may change the closing date if we have received sufficient applications.
More search results
Non-executive director/ Trustee role at Northern …
Member role at Isle Education Trust (IET)
Non-executive director/ Trustee role The Mast Aca…
Member role at Steel City Schools Partnership (SC…
Non-executive director/ Trustee role at White Woo…