Company Secretary - Part Time
Stelling & Co is a single-family office, based in South West London, which has direct controlling investments in operating businesses in a variety of areas, including power, property, private equity, and others, both in the UK and worldwide, for many years.
They are a privately owned, dynamic group of companies with a reputation for the highest standards and active, innovative management in the markets in which they operate. There is a focus on real estate development, power generation, student accommodation and hotels.
The corporate infrastructure of this group includes several Trusts, overseas and UK companies and a fairly complex relationship of internal loan funding.
The Corporate “head office” function is looking to take on a part time Company Secretary to establish the Group's company secretarial capabilities. This is a newly created position and will involve creating the function, which is currently managed by external providers.
The ideal candidate will possess the technical ability to take full ownership of the role, with an entrepreneurial mindset and be able to build swift relationships with the Family and employees of the Stelling Group.
If you hold the ICSA qualification, have experience dealing with Trusts, overseas entities and UK companies, are confident in your ability to manage a variety of diverse tasks and taking on ad hoc projects, then this will be the role for you!
The role will be home based, with a requirement to come to the office, on a weekly basis but with the flexibility to attend more regularly if a specific project arises.
Since the role is part time, Stelling is willing to discuss the specific working pattern to accommodate both parties.
Key Role and Responsibility
- Understanding the Group structure, both UK and Overseas, to ensure all areas of corporate governance are being completed.
- Managing the day to day company secretarial tasks for the Trusts, Overseas and UK entities
- Managing the completion of board minutes, loan documents and draft shareholder resolutions for all events across the Group.
- Prepare and file Company House filings, communicating with HMRC, Companies House and other associated bodies. There will be an exposure to the US structure and similar filings for Federal / State requirements.
- Liaising with external lawyers / Accountants regarding all necessary company secretarial work following legal transactions.
Experience and Qualifications
- ICSA qualified (ACIS/FCIS) or a qualified Solicitor would be desirable.
- Prior experience within a Family Office / professional services environment is preferable.
- Prior exposure to a broad variety of company secretarial work is necessary.
Personal Qualities and Behaviours
- A ‘self-starter’ who possesses an entrepreneurial mindset and is able to adopt a vision to bring the company secretarial function “in house” and deliver a first-class service.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator, to liaise with a variety of stakeholders in confidence.
- Able to prioritise tasks and work well to tight deadlines.
- Highly organised.
- Able to communicate well across all levels of seniority.