Company Secretarial Assistant
Experienced Company Secretarial Assistant is required to work in small high performing business.
- Filings at Companies House, including Annual Report and Accounts, Confirmation Statements, allotments of shares, director appointments, resignations and name changes, and all other relevant statutory forms.
- Maintaining books and records via Diligent Entities platform, including statutory books but also registers of interests, related parties, persons discharging managerial control (PDMRs), persons closely associated etc.
- Incorporation of new residential management companies and consequential updates to Group structure chart, list of companies and power of attorney.
- Allotment of shares in commercial management companies upon completion of plot sales.
- Assisting with the administration of PLC Board, PLC Committee, Investment Committee and Management Board activity, including:
- assisting the Company Secretary (and working with the PLC Co-ordinator) in the setting and maintaining the annual Board and Committee timetable;
- working with the PLC Co-ordinator, organising meetings, dinners and site visits;
- preparation and distribution of meeting packs using Diligent Boards platform;
- minute-taking (short form) of Investment Committees meetings; and
- maintaining PLC Board and Committee Action Schedules and ensuring actions are delivered ahead of the deadlines set.
- Working with the PLC Co-ordinator, organising the Strategy Day.
- Assisting in the preparation of the Notice of Annual General Meeting and associated proxy form.
- Working with the PLC Co-ordinator, organising the Annual General Meeting and, where appropriate, Extraordinary General Meetings.
- Working with the PLC Co-ordinator and Head of People and Organisation Development, organising the Employee AGM and all other Board engagement with employees.
- Preparing PDMR announcements to the London Stock Exchange (LSE), uploading all announcements to the LSE via the RNS platform and filing of PDMR notifications to the FCA.
- Administering the Company’s Executive Long-Term Incentive Plan (now in run-off), Restricted Share Plan, Share Incentive Plan and Save As You Earn Plan, including preparation of block listing applications and announcements to the LSE, where appropriate, and filing of HMRC returns.
- Administering payment of the interim and final dividends.
- Liaising with the brokers to obtain quarterly analysis of the Company’s share register and share price.
- Collating input from the Management Board on the bi-annual risk reviews and from the PLC Board on the annual review of its risk appetite.
- Assisting in the preparation of the governance sections of the Annual Report.
- Assisting in the administration of annual Board evaluations.
- Maintaining insider lists, project lists and clearance to deal lists.
- Responding to shareholder enquiries.
- Processing s.793 Companies Act requests.
- Working with the Marketing Manager, ensuring that the Investors section of the website is maintained.
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual Modern Slavery Statement.
- Processing hospitality approval requests and maintaining the hospitality register.
- Carrying out any other duties as deemed appropriate and in consultation with the Company Secretary.
The ideal candidate should have recently completed, be studying for, or be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of and commitment to study for the ICSA qualification.