Assistant Company Secretary
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 1st SEPTEMBER 2020.
The role will act as a central point of communication between the Chairs, Senior Management, key teams (Compliance, Risk, Finance, HR, Group Communications). The role will ensure that the entities within scope meet the expected standards of governance and comply with all necessary legal and regulatory requirements.
- Support of UK and French subsidiary boards and UK Board Committees: preparing minutes; maintaining action logs and drafting forward agenda plans.
- Maintain statutory books and records for entities under the teams scope (currently UK, Guernsey and France) within the Hiscox Group on Blueprint. Carry out filings of Companies House returns and forms (e.g. director appointments and resignations, annual returns etc.) and ensure Guernsey and French returns are made accurately.
- Ensuring all entities within scope comply with the standards set out in the Group Governance Manual.
- Ensure that family tree updates are managed appropriately.
- Assist in the preparation of documents for execution by Directors including those requiring notarisation and legalisation.
- Annually ensure that there is a plan for the delivery of the UK, Guernsey and French accounts approvals and delivery of filing requirements.
- Proactively assist with auditor requests and subsidiary queries.
- Provide input to adhoc projects and work streams across the Group including corporate re-structuring.
- Provide assistance to the wider Group General Counsel team as required.
- Assist with management of costs and the payment of invoices for the department.
- Deputising and covering for the Deputy Company Secretary when required.
- Provide support and advice in relation to the electronic board paper system (BoardPad) and provide technical support to others across the Group
The ideal candidate will have experience of governance in a Company Secretarial context:
- Qualified/Part ACIS or a willingness to seek the Company Secretary qualification.
- Experience in a highly regulated environment.
- Experience or knowledge of transactional governance procedures and a willingness to develop support for more complex governance entities.
- IT skills: (i) Blueprint (ii) Office (iii) Board Pad (preferable - but training can be provided).
- Ability to operate in a complex environment, liaise with multiple stakeholders across a variety of strategic, risk, operational and administrative activities and respond to challenges promptly and effectively.
- Clear understanding of and accountability for the current and evolving legal, regulatory and business environment to ensure high standards of governance within insurance.
This role reports directly into the Head of Governance and is a part of the wider Group General Counsel team so in addition to the above, we are looking for a motivated team player who is delivery focused, holds themselves to the highest standards and is not afraid to suggest solutions as to how things can be done better.
Diversity and flexible working at Hiscox
At Hiscox we care about our people. We hire the best people for the job and we're committed to diversity and creating a truly inclusive culture, which we believe drives success. We also understand that working life doesn't always have to be 'nine to five' and we support flexible working wherever we can. No promises, but please chat to our resourcing team about the flexibility we could offer for this role.
Similar searches: Assistant company secretary