Assistant Company Secretary
This our Watch.
We are one crew, working together towards a shared goal, to save everyone. Since the 19th century, our crews have been risking their lives to save those who are in danger of drowning. When you join the RNLI you will be a lifesaver.
Your New Role
As the Assistant Company Secretary, you will be a key member of Legal team and based at the Poole Support Centre in Dorset.
- Deputise for the Company Secretary by attending meetings including Trustee, Council and Advisory Committee meetings.
- Drafting and/or reviewing minutes.
- Providing timely governance advice.
- Assist and advise the Chief Executive and the Executive Team on company secretarial related matters.
- Help develop and maintain the trustee board assessment framework, performance evaluation and development plans.
- Assist with the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and the delivery of charity and subsidiary company meetings and associated procedural requirements in line with good governance.
- Help manage the recruitment process of trustee candidates, RNLI council and Advisory Committee members
- Assist in the maintenance of governing documents recommending changes as necessary to reflect changing strategic, legal and best practice requirements.
- Work collaboratively with the members of the Legal team and wider RNLI family.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Company Secretary team risk register.
- Assist the Trustee and Council coordinator.
- Manage the Company Secretary designated inbox.
- Monitor legislative changes in the seven jurisdictions.
- Assist with online board portal functionality.
This role will require you to travel throughout the UK and Republic of Ireland, including overnight stays.
- Graduate Member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries, or hold a Law degree with 2 years Company Secretarial experience or hold other recognised Company Secretary qualifications.
- Expert understanding of governance and company secretarial practice.
- Familiar with spreadsheets, databases and Outlook.
- Computer literate.
- Willing to work such additional hours as may be required from time to time.
- Confident and very comfortable working in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
Equality and inclusion is at the heart of the RNLI. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace with equality of opportunity for everyone and would encourage you to bring your authentic self to the role.
If you think this is the role for you, please click the apply button to be taken to the RNLI recruitment page.
Closing date: 23 August 2020.
Interview date: w/c 14 September 2020.