As a leading Kent based housing charity, our ultimate ambition is to help end the housing crisis in north Kent. We are on a transformation journey and need a Company Secretary at the heart of our day to day governance and executive secretariat arrangements. You will have a relentless focus on improvement and making things happen whilst ensuring that our governance arrangements are secure and robust.
About the role:
Reporting to the Group Director of Finance, you will be managing governance and regulation, risk, data protection, legal support and the executive secretariat. You will also act as Officer to the Board, supporting boards and committees with advice and administrative support.
What you’ll need:
- Demonstrable experience of managing governance and compliance services and implementing effectively the related policies and practices
- Experience of delivering the role of Company Secretary and working with Boards
- Experience in external monitoring and regulation by more than one regulator
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
Whilst experience of the housing or charity sector would be useful, we welcome applications from the right candidates with transferable skills and knowledge who can adapt quickly.
- A dynamic, friendly and supportive working environment where you can make a difference
- A modern, accessible office over-looking the Medway within easy reach of shops and road networks, with free on-site parking and disabled parking
- A performance-based annual bonus
- Training and opportunities for continuing professional development
- Excellent staff benefits including a cycle to work scheme
- 28 days holiday a year + Bank Holidays and the option to buy/sell holiday
- A range of wellbeing activities and flexible working
- Enhanced family leave policies
- Regular social and charitable events and a volunteering day
- A great team of colleagues to work with
We are Investors in Diversity accredited, and a Disability Confident employer. This means if you tell us you have a disability and meet the minimum requirements for the job, we’ll offer you an interview. We can be flexible when assessing people so everyone has the best opportunity to demonstrate they can do the job.
Intrigued? Want to know more?
Take a look at the attached Role Profile, or email Bruce Shelmerdine, our Finance Director; on firstname.lastname@example.org to leave a contact number and arrange a chat.
The role closes on Wednesday 26th August 2020. The selection process will be conducted in two stages: preliminary interviews will be held during the week commencing 31st August 2020, with final interviews in the week commencing 7th September 2020.
- Application form: Role profile (105kb) (the link will open in a new window)
- Additional info: Leadership behaviours framework (85kb) (the link will open in a new window)
Similar searches: Company secretary