Non-executive director at Yorkshire Collaborative Academy Trust (YCAT)
Yorkshire Collaborative Academy Trust (YCAT)
Non-executive director/ Trustee and Member roles
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in North Yorkshire? Yorkshire Collaborative Academy Trust seeks one non-executives/ trustee and one Member to join its respective boards.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at academy trusts throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Yorkshire Collaborative Academy Trust (YCAT) seeks one non-executive director and one member. This is a growing multi-academy trust dedicated to working with primary schools. The trust was formed in 2015 by three primary schools with a long track record of successfully working in partnership. Two further schools joined in the 2016/17 academic year. Board meetings are held in North Yorkshire and until October, meetings will be conducted both virtually and face to face.
The board seeks two business leaders – one for each opportunity - with expertise in
- marketing/ branding/ communications or
- corporate governance and
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Covid-19 recovery;
- Highly effective curriculum across the trust;
- YCAT growth and further developing its trust and wider learning community;
- Financial & commercial effectiveness;
- Developing strong leadership and governance.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month. For Member roles, this time commitment is lower, with two or three board meetings required per annum.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our Ambassadors alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please send a copy of your CV and details of your location to us, either through this website or directly to email@example.com. A full trust specification is available at https://www.academyambassadors.org/board-opportunities/yorkshire-collaborative-academy-trust-ycat.
We strongly recommend applying as early as you can to have the best possible chance of being considered as we may change the closing date if we have received sufficient applications.