Non-Executive Director - Diocese of Salisbury Academy Trust (DSAT)
Diocese of Salisbury Academy Trust (DSAT)
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Wiltshire? The Diocese of Salisbury Academy Trust (DSAT) seeks two non-executives/directors to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
The Diocese of Salisbury Academy Trust (DSAT) seeks up to three non-executive directors to join their board. The trust is currently made up of 18 Church of England primary academies, spread from north Wiltshire to the Dorset coast, with confirmed plans to expand. DSAT currently has 3,313 pupils 21% of these pupils receiving free school meals and 20% with special educational needs. The trust has 800 staff and a budget of £18 million. Board meetings are held virtually (9:30am) for the foreseeable future but will be held at The Diocesan Education Centre, The Avenue Wilton Wiltshire, SP2 0FG, when safe to do so. Applicants of all faiths and of none are welcomed.
The board seeks two business leaders with expertise in
- Strategic Human Resources at Director level or
- Business Development or
- Education Leadership or
- Non-executive/ Trustee
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Supporting the effective delivery of the Trust Improvement Model
- Oversee the sustainable growth of the trust
- To empower leaders and staff at every level and support towards career progression
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available at academyambassadors.org
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.