Non-executive director at River Tees Multi-Academy Trust (RTMAT)
River Tees Multi-Academy Trust (RTMAT)
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Middlesbrough? River Tees Multi-Academy Trust seeks two non-executive directors/ trustees to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at academy trusts throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
River Tees Multi-Academy Trust seeks two new non-executive directors with experience of HR and Marketing/Communications to join its board. The trust was created from a base of three Alternative Provision (AP) schools in Middlesbrough, a town with significant levels of deprivation. It has since expanded with a further Alternative Provision school in Gateshead, which joined the trust in January 2018 and the trust has further expansion plans. Board meetings are held at Sulby Avenue, Middlesbrough although some meetings will be held virtually.
The board seeks two business leaders with expertise in
- human resources or
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Post-Covid 19 recovery – ensuring the trust responds to, and recovers from, the challenges of Covid-19;
- Strong governance – developing and strengthening governance from outside the education sector by identifying strong trustees, able to contribute to the effective and robust management of the trust;
- Senior Leadership – backfilling senior leadership roles to enable these individuals to be released, enabling them to focus resource on improving failing schools;
- Growth - sustained and substantial growth of the trust while maintaining high standards and vision.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our Ambassadors alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please send a copy of your CV and details of your location to us, either through this website or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. A full trust specification is available at https://www.academyambassadors.org/board-opportunities/river-tees-multi-academy-trust-rtmat.
We strongly recommend applying as early as you can to have the best possible chance of being considered as we may change the closing date if we have received sufficient applications.