Non-Executive Director - Cirrus Primary Academy Trust (CPAT)
Cirrus Primary Academy Trust (CPAT)
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Sutton or Croydon? Cirrus Primary Academy Trust seeks three non-executives/directors to join its board. Board meetings are held in Sutton SM2 6JE.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Cirrus Primary Academy Trust is a six-school academy trust based in established in June 2015 with 3,255 pupils, 506 staff and a budget of £14.7 million. Across the trust, 26% of pupils are eligible for free school meals, 39% have English as another language and 13% pupils have special educational needs. CPAT is an outward looking group of schools with an inclusive ethos serving a diverse spectrum of community contexts. The board has recently addressed some strategic challenges including a change in executive leadership, under-performance in a special measures school and projected financial deficit and now seeks three experienced non-executive directors to help it move forward and oversee future, sustainable growth.
The board seeks three business leaders with expertise in
- CFO/Finance Director or
- CEO/Managing Director or
- Education Leadership or
- Change Management
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Embedding the strategy for the future of the trust after a period of turbulence
- Improving financial oversight and financial management
- Enhance the reputation of the trust as leaders in education through strong educational leadership
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available at academyambassadors.org
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.