We are working with a highly esteemed fashion brand, who seeks an Assistant Company Secretary to join as the no.2 in the department. Reporting to the Group CFO/Company Secretary, you will take on a full range of company secretarial responsibilities across governance, statutory compliance, GDPR and other group activities. This is a broad role, so it is imperative for the successful candidate to be organised and able to prioritise effectively. Ideally you will be fully ICSA qualified, have some prior experience in a similar role and a ‘can-do’ attitude. If this sounds of interest, then please get in touch today!
Key Role and Responsibility
- Implement a digital compliance platform with incorporating MAR requirements.
- Report the legal entity compliance as required.
- Oversee the running of the AGM, ensuring smooth delivery of operational requirements.
- Ensure best privacy practice and policy is adhered to by the Group on a global scale.
- Act as the trusted advisor of compliance matters to various stakeholders.
- Support the agenda of the Board and Committee by preparing relevant papers, researching, and proactively advising on best corporate governance practice.
- Conduct consistent GDPR monitoring, drafting policies and guidances notes, creating summary documents, supporting data mapping and remaining abreast of updates.
- Deliver specific functional projects regarding Group Activities, such as corporate standardisation.
Experience and Qualifications
- ICSA/CGI part- or fully qualified
- Knowledge of data protection legislation and the impact of business requests is desired.
- Prior experience as part of an in-house global entity compliance team is desirable.
Personal Qualities and Behaviours
- Confident and effective communicator both verbally and written; able to correspond appropriately with a variety of stakeholders.
- Highly adaptable and motivated to take on new competencies.
- Well organised, to be able to work autonomously and prioritise workload.
Thank you for your interest in this Core Job. If you’d like to apply for this job, please click on “apply” and attach the latest version of your CV (unless we already have it). Alternatively, you can always give one of our Recruitment Partners a call.
Reference Number: 1601