McCann FitzGerald is one of Ireland’s premier law firms employing over 600 people including over 350 Lawyers. We provide the highest quality legal advice and representation to Irish and overseas clients. While our clients are principally in the corporate, financial and business sectors, we also advise government and other State bodies, pension funds, educational and charitable institutions and trusts.
Our company secretarial & compliance group offers a full suite of company secretarial and compliance services and we are currently looking to expand the team. The successful incumbent will work in conjunction with experienced members of the company secretarial team & compliance team to provide annual compliance services to a large portfolio of Irish registered companies and to provide technical support and practical insight into company law issues to lawyers across the firm.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing own portfolio of clients and acting as primary point of contact for these
- Facilitating and attending board and shareholder meetings, including setting agendas; preparation of board packs; attending and minuting of meetings; preparation and agreement of minutes and action points arising from those meetings
- Preparation and filing of annual returns with Companies Registration Office
- Documenting changes to company particulars and making the appropriate filings with the Companies Registration Office
- Maintenance of statutory books and records; completion of due diligence on company records; and inputting and updating company information onto electronic databases
- Interpreting and amending company constitutions
- Formation of new companies, voluntary strike off or members voluntary liquidation of existing companies, restorations of dissolved companies
- Advise and assist with group re-organisations
- Liaising with and advising clients and colleagues in matters of company law
- Working in conjunction with colleagues on the company secretarial & compliance team in the delivery of services of the group when required, and providing mentoring and guidance to junior members of the team as appropriate
- Dealing with telephone queries and ensuring that such queries are handled in a professional, courteous and prompt manner
- Participation and attendance at workshops and lectures and generally promoting the company secretarial & compliance group, as required from time to time by the head of the company secretarial & compliance group
- Developing, maintaining and updating the Firm’s template documents and precedents
- Suggesting improvements/amendments to systems and procedures
- Other administrative tasks and ad hoc projects as requested
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- 3-4 years previous company secretarial experience.
- A combination of both corporate and investment funds company secretarial experience an advantage
- Extensive minute taking experience
- Strong Microsoft office skills
- Familiarity with Company Secretarial software (GEMS / Blueprint / Relate, etc)
- Experience using an electronic board portal package an advantage (VBR, Diligent, etc)
- High level of attention to detail, and sharp proof reading skills
- Excellent numerical skills
- A high degree of discretion and the ability to work with sensitive and confidential data
- Good time management skills, the ability to manage a demanding workload, and meet required deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively in a professional manner with clients and colleagues
- A positive attitude, the ability to take ownership and responsibility for the completion of tasks and the ability to take and demonstrate initiative.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an excellent academic background
- Graduate level in appropriate discipline or ICSA qualified or part-qualified
Applications are made through email and should be accompanied by a full curriculum vitae
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion or more information, please contact Liz Giltinane on +353 (0)1-5111552.