£40 – 50,000 DOE
A high-performing governance team within a first-rate professional body is now looking for an Interim Corporate Governance Manager to provide an excellent company secretarial service to a range of committees. You will have attended and minuted board-level meetings in the past and will be confident in liaising and building relationships with senior stakeholders. Prior exposure to a not-for-profit environment would be highly desirable. The role will start as soon as possible, providing the team with support during a very busy period and so someone highly organised with a ‘can do’ attitude will do well. The position will initially be a 3 - 6 month contract, with the potential to become a permanent role for the right candidate. Our client expects that this role will be entirely based from home for the duration of the contract.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Take full responsibility for the delivery of an effective corporate governance service to a number of the organisation’s Committees, ensuring that agendas, papers and minutes are prepared in a timely and accurate manner, and that the work of the Committees supports delivery of the organisation’s business priorities.
- Draft governance related documents, including annual reports on Committees’ work and policies.
- Supporting the appointment, induction and training of new members of the Boards and Committees.
- Provide sound corporate governance advice and support to key stakeholders including the Board and Committee members as well as the Executive Management Team.
- Take part in organisational governance reviews.
- Be inquisitive in generating opportunities for improvement in ways of working, and lead on implementing these when agreed.
- Manage the induction process for new members Board and Committee.
Experience and Qualifications
- ICSA fully or part-qualified (or equivalent).
- Previously worked as part of a UK Governance team in the not for profit sector.
- Prior experience managing and supporting Board and Committee meetings.
- Company and charity law, and governance requirements for different types of legal entities in the UK (Essential) and overseas (Desirable) and be able to advise on the most appropriate legal structure.
Personal Qualities and Behaviours
- Strong and confident communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Able to be an adaptable and collaborative team player.
- Being highly organised with good time management skills is imperative.
- Show a passion and enthusiasm for a specific issue/market.
Thank you for your interest in this Core Job. If you’d like to apply for this job, please click on “apply” and attach the latest version of your CV (unless we already have it). Alternatively, you can always give one of our Recruitment Partners a call.
Reference Number: 1599