Non-Executive Director - Isle Education Trust
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Surrey? GLF Schools seeks two non-executives/directors with strong commercial business or third sector/charity governance experience to join its board. Board meetings are held in Surrey SM7 1AG.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
"Where Children Grow, Learn and Flourish." Each of the schools within GLF Schools has its own distinct character and culture which is respectful of its community and context but their utmost common ground is that it is our staff that make each school. The trust has grown steadily and is now one of the largest trusts in the country with a varied mix of 40 schools from 1 form entry infant schools to 8 form entry secondary schools. In total, the trust oversees the education provision of circa 15,000 pupils, 2,500 staff and an income of £88M. The trust works with schools split across five hub areas: Surrey, Croydon, West Sussex, Wokingham and Oxfordshire.
The board seeks two business leaders with expertise in
- CEO/Managing Director
- Corporate/Charity Governance
- Third sector experience
- Estates/Property management
As a key member of the board, you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Ensuring financial sustainability of the trust, minimising the impact of covid-19 by utilising the recently centralised office functions to support schools
- Improving educational standards of the schools within the trust that require improvement
- Developing leadership, following on from the success of the school improvement team and leveraging to deliver more school to school support
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available at academyambassadors.org
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.