£40,000 – 45,000 + Bonus
Our client, a rapidly expanding law firm is looking to take on a Company Secretary to lead and grow the firm’s company secretarial division. This is a newly created position and will involve establishing the function, which is currently managed by corporate lawyers. The ideal candidate will possess the technical ability to take full ownership of the role, with an entrepreneurial mindset and be able to build swift client relationships. If you hold the ICSA qualification, have experience dealing with a multitude of clients and are confident in your ability to manage a small team of paralegals, taking on ad hoc office manager responsibilities where necessary, then this will be the role for you!
Key Role and Responsibility
- Managing your own portfolio of company secretarial work.
- Attending client meetings in person or virtually to complete board minutes and draft shareholder resolutions.
- Managing the day to day company secretarial requests received from clients and acting as the point of contact for these requests.
- Prepare and file Company House filings, communicating with HMRC, Companies House and other associated bodies.
- Liaising with senior lawyers in regards to all necessary company secretarial work following fund raises and M&A transactions.
- Manage own team of paralegals and carrying out office management responsibilities.
Experience and Qualifications
- ICSA qualified (GICSA / ACIS / FCIS / GCG / ACG / FCG) or equivalent.
- Prior experience within a professional services environment is desirable.
- Prior exposure to a broad variety of company secretarial work is necessary.
Personal Qualities and Behaviours
- A ‘self-starter’ who possesses an entrepreneurial mindset and is able to adopt a vision to grow the company secretarial team and company secretarial offering of the business over time.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator, to liaise with a variety of clients in confidence.
- Team player, able to manage people and be a proactive leader.
Thank you for your interest in this Core Job. If you’d like to apply for this job, please click on “apply” and attach the latest version of your CV (unless we already have it). Alternatively, you can always give one of our Recruitment Partners a call.
Reference Number: 1590