Assistant Company Secretary
£Market Rate – Cambridgeshire
Our client, a renowned engineering group is looking to take on an Assistant Company Secretary as part of their wider Group Legal department. Reporting to the Deputy Company Secretary, you will be responsible for a full scope of company secretarial duties, working closely with Group Finance and Group Treasury on BAU and interesting project work. You will attend and advise the Group’s Management Board and will be required to liaise with various third parties, including for group companies in foreign jurisdictions. Although the Group is unlisted, they maintain a strong Corporate Governance presence. The ideal candidate would be a Chartered Governance professional with a proactive and adaptable manner looking to take on full ownership of the role, if this sounds like you, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Part-time and flexible working options can also be considered.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Attending, minuting and actioning Management Board and Committee meetings
- Maintain on time filings of statutory accounts
- Respond to KYC enquiries coinciding with Group Treasury in an efficient and timely way
- Liaising with company administrators to ensure ongoing compliance of our group companies domiciled in their jurisdictions.
- Compiling and analysing reports generated from Blueprint
- Ensuring all group company minutes are unloaded to the external auditor’s database
- Circulating minutes and actions after meetings within timeframes agreed with the Chairman of the meeting
- Supporting the Deputy Company Secretary in the production of group company report and accounts (in conjunction with Group Finance and Group Communications)
- Assisting on ad hoc projects including Group company rationalisation, capital reorganisation, constitutional amendments, disposals and joint venture preparations.
- Maintaining the Group’s Diligent Entities, which holds the records for circa 100 Group companies
- Preparing and filing Confirmation Statements for all Group companies via Blueprint (and, in certain cases, via Companies House Web Filing) by the prescribed statutory deadline
Experience and Qualifications
- ICSA qualification (or equivalent) or near qualified
- Profound knowledge of the Companies Act 2006 and UK Corporate Governance Code
- Previous use of Diligent Entities is preferred
- Experience attending and minuting meetings, as well as drafting minutes and written resolutions for routine transactions
- Microsoft office at an intermediate level
Personal Qualities and Behaviour
- Profound oral and written communication skills with good interpersonal skills; can work effectively with diverse groups across all levels of the organisation
- Able to work in fast paced environments, acting with tact and diplomacy, furthermore, maintaining discretion
- Excellent attention to detail and precision
- Adaptable, to respond well to a wide variety of situations
Thank you for your interest in this Core Job. If you’d like to apply for this job, please click on “apply” and attach the latest version of your CV (unless we already have it). Alternatively, you can always give one of our Recruitment Partners a call.
Reference number: 1583