Head of Governance and Company Secretary
Now is an exciting time to join LiveWest, the largest housing provider in the South-West. We are a leading developer of affordable and social housing and from Cornwall to Gloucestershire, we are making a real difference for people and communities.
As well as owning more than 36,000 homes, we are developing 1,600 new homes each year, with ambitious plans to build 16,000 new homes over the next ten years.
We are now looking for a Head of Governance and Company Secretary to take on a key leadership role within our organisation.
- Salary of circa £69,000 DOE per annum
- Car Allowance of £4,500 per annum
- 26 days’ holiday, rising to 30 days with length of service, plus Bank Holidays
- A defined contributory pension scheme operated by SHPS
- Healthcare Cash Plan: Cash back on a wide variety of healthcare treatments including optical and dental
- Many more benefits and perks including family days out and discounted gym memberships
This is the ideal opportunity for a senior level corporate governance or company secretarial professional to take their career to the next tier with the South-West’s leading housing provider.
You’ll have the chance to ensure our organisation is fully compliant and excellently governed so that we can continue our work into the future and ensure that people living across the South-West can maintain the standard of living we have worked so hard to provide them with.
As the Head of Governance and Company Secretary, you will take responsibility for the governance and company secretariat at LiveWest.
Specifically, your role will involve managing and delivering the company secretarial service whilst providing advice and support to the Board and Committee Members regarding governance matters including legal and regulatory requirements and best practice.
You will also act as the named contact for various regulatory bodies including the FCA, Regulator of Social Housing, the National Housing Federation and the Housing Ombudsman.
Contributing to effective decision making, you will act as a champion of LiveWest values, leading by example and engendering confidence within the Board, stakeholders and partners.
As the Head of Governance and Company Secretary, you will need:
- Significant experience of working as a Company Secretary or in a governance role at a senior level
- Experience of leading on good corporate governance, regulatory requirements and best practice
- A demonstrable track record of successfully delivering effective governance arrangements
- Experience of formulating new ideas and putting them into practice to improve governance
- A track record of contributing effectively to boards or committees, adding value by providing professional and credible advice to board members and executives
- An exemplary service delivery record with an absolute focus on customer service, with a clear commitment to working for an organisation with a strong sense of social purpose
- The willingness to participate in professional development
Ideally, you will have a background in social housing or another regulated sector and/or PLC experience although this is not essential.
Other organisations may call this role Head of Corporate Governance, Company Secretary, or Head of Governance.
The closing date for this role is the 1st July 2020.
Webrecruit and LiveWest are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as the Head of Governance and Company Secretary, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.