Deputy Company Secretary
Acting as a ‘true’ deputy within this FTSE 250 Group, with a strong commercial and strategic outlook to provide input on, and have responsibility for, the delivery of high quality effective governance both at a corporate and operational level.
The Deputy Company Secretary will:
- advise on the Group’s governance responsibilities and statutory and regulatory obligations, monitoring external developments and driving the design and implementation of revised procedures across the Group where necessary;
- work with the Company Secretary in supporting the Board, its Committees and Management Committees including the Audit, Nomination, Remuneration, Executive and Sustainability Committees;
- manage the efficient administration of each of the Group’s legal entities and overseeing compliance by each entity with statutory, regulatory and governance requirements;
- work with the Company Secretary and Company Secretarial Assistant in supporting the Group’s three joint ventures and matters regarding the Group’s legacy defined benefit pension scheme;
- be responsible for the Group’s half year and year-end risk process for reporting to the Audit Committee and Board;
- support the co-ordination of the Annual Report process, liaising with other functions and drafting parts of the Annual Report, including the Corporate Governance report, Directors’ Remuneration Report and Directors’ Report;
- oversee the management of the AGM and the production of AGM documents and assisting with any emerging AGM issues;
- ensure compliance with the UK Listing Rules and Disclosure Rules, including preparing and releasing relevant Stock Exchange announcements, and compliance with the Group’s governance and compliance processes covering MAR, the Bribery Act, etc.
- have day-to day responsibility for the Company’s ongoing GDPR processes;
- manage the relationship with the Group’s registrars and general share registration activities, including dividend planning;
- manage and administer the equity share plans, including liaising trustees and external remuneration consultants;
- be responsible for review of the subsidiary governance reports and all Companies House filings requirements (the latter supported by the PA and Company Secretariat Assistant);
- provide support in respect of Group projects and transactions as required;
- be responsible for keeping relevant sections of the website and intranet up to date (supported by PA and Company Secretariat Assistant); and
- provide general support to the Group Company Secretary and deputise where required;
- provide day-to-day management of the Company Secretarial Assistant and development of the Corporate Secretariat function.
- A minimum of 5 years post ICSA qualification working in a Deputy Company secretarial role in a plc environment.
Essential skills and experience:
- Adept at working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience in managing projects from inception through to delivery
- Strong day–to-day managerial skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills with an attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Confidence to manage a broad remit and to work outside their comfort zone