Part Time Assistant Company Secretary (3 days per week)
This award-winning wealth management business is looking for an experienced Assistant Company Secretary to join their team 3 days per week. This new role will be a member of the Group Management Team and will report to the Finance Director. The principal responsibilities of this role are to provide company secretarial services and governance support to various group companies and support to the Board members.
The purpose of this role is to act as Company Secretary for the Group companies, including its regulated entities and committees. In doing this you will act as the point of contact for maintenance of the legal entity structure including corporate records and filings and provide technical and governance advice to boards and other parties on statutory and regulatory requirements arising from the Companies Act and other relevant legislation.
Working closely with the Managing Director and Finance Director, as well as other members of the Board, the Assistant Company Secretary will provide advice on governance matters (taking into account regulatory requirements) to ensure that corporate governance arrangements are appropriate and in line with both regulatory best practice and the Holding Group practice.
The successful candidate will have a proactive and analytical approach. As a new role within the business you will need to be organised, highly motivated as well as self-disciplined.
- Qualified chartered secretary (ISCA or equivalent)
- Familiarity with the Listing Rules and how they apply to subsidiaries of a listed parent entity
- Excellent communication skills oral and written
- Ability to hold the attention and respect of directors and senior management
- Highly organised, able to prioritise and to deliver within strict deadlines
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure with minimum supervision
- Competent computer skills
- Experience of Blueprint (statutory register software), electronic board an advantage