Corporate Governance Manager
Location: White City, London
Salary details: £46k - £52k per annum + 11% employer pension contribution
Contract: Permanent, Full time 37.5 hours per week (flexible working options possible)
Closing date: 22 June 2020 at 10am
Interview date: 25 June 2020
As the governance team at Ark continues to grow, we are looking to appoint a specialist to join our team of 14 who can build on the solid foundations that have been established by the current postholder.
This is a rare opportunity with our high-performing team in a mission-driven education charity.
About the role:
The Corporate Governance Manager provides proactive company secretarial support to Ark and Ark Schools and other entities with the Ark ‘group’. Alongside core board and committee duties you will oversee a comprehensive governance framework, decision making framework and risk strategy that enables trustees and senior leaders to successfully discharge their responsibilities.
You will also support the Governance Director with communications, development and board evaluation with governance stakeholders to enable Ark to exemplify best practice in charity and multi academy trust governance.
- Strong experience in governance and/or company secretariat
- ICSA qualification or similar
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Experience in working to multiple deadlines and managing competing priorities
- Ability to deal with confidential and/or sensitive information with exceptional diplomacy and tact, and a high level of professionalism
Ark is an international charity, transforming lives through education. We exist to give every young person, regardless of their background, a great education and real choices in life. In the UK, we are a network of 37 schools, educating around 27,500 pupils in areas where we can make the biggest difference. Through Ark Ventures, we incubate, launch and scale initiatives that address some of the most intractable issues in education and society, both in the UK and around the world.
- 11% employer pension contribution
- We are committed to providing high-quality professional learning throughout your career with us and offer a variety of training sessions and experiences designed to meet your needs
- Access to Ark Rewards scheme offering savings from over 3,000 major retailers, interest-free loans available for season tickets or a bicycle and gym discounts offering up to 40% off your local gym
How to apply:
Apply with a CV and cover letter on our online recruitment portal.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; all successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.