Deputy Company Secretary
Reporting to: Head of Governance
We are looking for a Deputy Company Secretary for our UK-based Company Secretary team. The Deputy Company Secretary will have responsibility for company secretary and governance support of a number of significant entities with Hiscox Group. The role will have specific responsibility for the smooth running of the Audit Committees of the main UK regulated insurance carriers (HSL and HIC) and the Boards of other insurance carriers such as the Guernsey based entity (HIG). The role will support the delivery of Hiscox Ltd and Group governance projects.
This is a senior role within the Company Secretarial function. The role will act as a central point of communication between the Chairs, Independent Non-Executive Directors, Business Unit CEOs, Senior Management, key teams (Compliance, Risk, Finance, HR, Group Communications). The role will ensure that the entities within scope meet the expected standards of governance and comply with all necessary legal and regulatory requirements.
- Company Secretary for HIG Board and HIC and HSL Audit Committee; including governance advice, statutory reporting, agenda planning, development of robust annual plans, ensuring paper content is appropriate, delivery of robust minutes, effective action follow up and meeting administration.
- Work closely with the Head of Governance to deliver agreed priorities with respect to the regulated UK and Guernsey boards and committees and other entities under the London teams remit and meet company secretary and governance requirements in a timely and consistent way.
- Delivery of Board Effectiveness reviews for Guernsey (and others in scope) and together with the Head of Governance respond to regulatory requests on governance and board effectiveness.
- Ensure timely and effective implementation of recommendations from Board evaluations and Regulatory requests.
- Supporting the Company Secretarial team in relation to governance generally such as management of all matters relating to the Non-Executive Directors both on the UK and European subsidiaries including skills reviews, appointment processes, training plans and delivery and NED contracts.
- Supporting the annual review of compliance with the UK Corporate Governance Code as applicable to a FTSE 250 listed Bermuda incorporated issuer.
- Supporting the drafting the Corporate Governance Report, the Directors' Report and contributing to other sections of the Annual Report and Accounts for the listed company and other entities as appropriate.
- Assisting with the documentation of all controls and processes and assisting the development of a world class function
- Provide input to adhoc projects and work streams across the Group
- Provide assistance to the wider Group General Counsel team as required.
- Monitor developments in legal, regulatory and compliance requirements for the entities under review and horizon scan to ensure that the entities have continued compliance.
- Deputising and covering for the Head of Governance when they are not in the office.
- Ensuring proactive communication with the business, other group entities and Hiscox Ltd.