Non-executive director- Catch22 Multi Academies Trust
Catch22 Multi Academies Trust
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in either the East or South of England? Catch22 Multi Academies Trust seeks four non-executives/directors to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
The Catch22 Multi Academies Trust is an expanding trust currently with seven academies across Hampshire, Norfolk, Northamptonshire, Torbay and Suffolk. The trust concentrates on supporting learners who can benefit from small, supportive alternative education provision. The trust’s sponsor is the Catch22 Charity, a social enterprise which focuses on people, place and purpose. The board seeks four new non-executive director/trustees ideally with experience in HR/OD, change/restructure, estates management and AP education to help oversee delivery of the trust’s improvement strategy. Board meetings are held at the trust’s registered office in Pear Street, London EC1V 3AG
The board seeks four business leaders with expertise in
- human resources, organisational development or
- estates management or
- change management/ restructure or
- AP Educational background
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Improve the quality of alternative education provision for pupils with range of different needs.
- Making sure there is the right offering of staff and pupils and making effective use of resources.
- Adding board capacity to strengthen the quality and effectiveness of governance and strategic leadership.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
Please see full trust specification attached – A full trust specification is also available at academyambassadors.org