- Housing for Women
- £42,000 per annum
- Job title
- Governance Manager
- Job type
- Full time
£42,000 per annum
Benefits: 27 days’ holiday, buy and sell annual leave programme, Perkbox, health cash plan and more
Closing date: 24th May 2020
We are looking for a Governance Manager. The purpose of this role is to ensure the organisation complies with its regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures. You will also be responsible for determining the appropriate strategy for responding to General Data Protection Regulation and Freedom of Information Act requests, including the application of exemptions and exceptions. Furthermore, you will deliver training on information compliance, security breach protocol and GPDR related issues.
This is a newly created role so it’s a great chance for someone looking for a role where they can make their mark. In addition, you will be managing a Governance Officer whose duties include statutory and stakeholder returns, governance and regulatory submissions, performance reporting and KPIs, as well as monitoring and ensuring updates are completed in a timely manner for organisational trackers.
- Co-ordinate the organisation’s responses to statutory information requests, ensuring compliance with a range of legislation, including the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA), the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA)
- Support the tasks and responsibilities of the Data Protection Officer as required by the GDPR
- Ensure contractual documentation of suppliers/contractors is complete and protects the interests of the organisation
- Manage the Governance Officer
To be successful in the role, you will require:
- Knowledge of the statutory and regulatory environment for UK charities
- Knowledge of GDPR
- Strong analysis skills, with the ability to suggest and implement improvements
- Excellent report writing skills
- A proactive, problem-solving, practical attitude/approach and the willingness to be hands-on
- The ability to be comfortable and professional in situations that require high levels of confidentiality or sensitivity
Housing for Women is an independent organisation and we support women in London to challenge the inequalities they face. As a charity and a registered housing association, we are proud to have housed London’s women for 85 years; providing secure, affordable housing and related services to help them make the most of the opportunities they have.
To apply for the role of Governance Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Information Governance Manager, Governance and Compliance Manager, Compliance Manager, GDPR Compliance Manager, or GDPR Manager.