Head of Governance/Company Secretary
Our client- a national housing association- are seeking a Head of Governance and Company Secretary to join their close-knit team. They are based in a quiet market town in the Oxfordshire area and offer an excellent approach to flexible and home working. After a recent board review, this newly created role will lead on establishing lasting and quality corporate governance initiatives throughout the group and will act as the Company Secretary supporting the board and reporting into the Chief Executive. The ideal candidate will have prior exposure to housing association regulation and will be able to adopt a ‘hands on’ approach within a small head office environment. If this sounds like the perfect next step for you, please get in touch.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Oversee and review the governance framework for the organisation.
- Ensure compliance with constitutional and regulatory requirements
- Provide governance advice and guidance to the Board and guide on all legal and constitutional matters
- Assist with the development of the Risk Management Strategy policy
Experience and Qualifications
- ICSA qualified or equivalent would be highly desirable
- Prior experience working within a housing association is essential
- Extensive experience taking minutes
Personal Qualities and Behaviours
- Able to work well under pressure
- Able to communicate well across all levels of seniority
- Able to prioritise tasks
Thank you for your interest in this Core Job. If you’d like to apply for this job, please click on “apply” and attach the latest version of your CV (unless we already have it). Alternatively, you can always give one of our Recruitment Partners a call.
Reference Number: 1568