Non-executive Director - SHARE Multi-Academy Trust
- Academy Ambassadors
- LANCASHIRE AND WEST YORKSHIRE
- Non-executive Director - SHARE Multi-Academy Trust
- Job title
- Board level roles
- Job type
- Part time
Non-executive director/ Trustee role - SHARE Multi-Academy Trust
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Huddersfield? SHARE Multi-Academy Trust (MAT) seeks to recruit a new non-executive director and two new members to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Formed in 2011, Share MAT is a friendly partnership, currently consisting of three secondary and five primary schools in West Yorkshire. The trust’s core belief is about valuing people and helping them to be as successful as they can be.
The trust seeks the input of experienced individuals who are able to assist the creation of robust and sustainable financial and business approaches, to help it meet its objectives for children's development.
SHARE MAT encourages the sharing of expertise within its family of schools, whether it's on recruiting and retaining good staff or improving the quality of learning; all members of the trust contribute and share experience and best practice, helping to make each school within the trust a better place for staff and pupils.
At some point in the future, the trust may seek to grow, with new schools helping to achieve its core goals and work in accordance with the trust’s values.
The board seeks business leaders with expertise in
- CEO/ General Management and/or
- Corporate Governance
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Challenging executive leaders about key performance indicators, to evaluate the performance of leaders and governing bodies.
- Measuring risks and mitigating effectively against them through use of a computerised risk management register and the operations of the Audit & Risk Committee.
- Building robust and sustainable financial and business approaches to allow the trust to meet its objectives for children's development.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’.
Non-executive director role: this typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month. You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
Member role: the members meet once per term including the Annual General Meeting. As a matter of routine members may need to provide 10-15 hours over the whole year, in short blocks of time. You will be responsible for:
- Alter the trust’s Articles of Association and appoint (or remove) trustees/directors where necessary.
- Provide independent oversight to the work of the board of trustees in order to ensure suitable accountability for its decision making and strategy.
- Be a signatory for the academy trust.
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
If you are interested in this role, please send a copy of your CV and your home or work postcode to us, either through this website or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full details of this role and other roles in the area, area available at www.academyambassadors.org.