Head of ProShare
- The Chartered Governance Institute
- £48-60,000 per annum
- Job title
- Assistant company secretary, Deputy company secretary, Governance Manager
- Job type
- Full time
About the role
ProShare has been the voice of employee share ownership since it was established in 1992 by HM Government, a group of FTSE 100 companies and the London Stock Exchange to promote wider share ownership. Today, as part of the Chartered Governance Institute, ProShare focuses solely on helping to promote employee share ownership in the UK and is the voice of employee share plan practitioners and professionals.
More information about ProShare can be found at www.proshare.org.
Purpose of job
To manage the growth and development of the work of ProShare in promoting, primarily all-employee, Employee Share plans, building strong relationships with all members, developing a strong member offering, pro-actively seeking new members and supporters, providing technical insight and support on share plan issues and liaising with specialist teams to deliver the annual programme of conferences and events.
Business development and relationship management
- Work with the Policy and Research Director to manage the development and growth of ProShare’s membership and services and to promote primarily all-employee Employee Share plans
- Lead relationship management for all ProShare members in relation to all membership matters
- Lead identification and recruitment of new ProShare members to achieve objectives for growth. Build a strong pipeline of prospective members and lead the new member onboarding process.
- Review membership offering and develop attractive opportunities for sponsors; secure sponsorship for agreed aspects of the ProShare programme in line with targets and manage major sponsorship package allocation processes with Gold members.
- Work with the Institute’s Business Development team to develop commercial and strategic partnerships creating new income streams and raising ProShare’s profile in emerging markets
- Oversee the annual subscription renewal process and pricing review.
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual draft budget and business plan for discussion and sign off
- Act as an escalation point for complex, technical or sensitive invoice/membership queries.
- Maintain oversight of supplier relationships, and resolution of queries
- Develop and provide regular reporting to Policy and Research Director and Executive team as required, including agreeing, managing and monitoring targets for membership engagement and recruitment etc.
Technical expertise and promotion
- Act as a subject matter expert on share plans technical matters
- Prepare agendas for advisory panel and focus groups, organising dates and venues with focus group chairs & arranging minuting of meetings.
- Oversee and attend focus groups. Ensure the groups have a competent chair, cover relevant issues and that all minutes are published in a timely fashion. Act as secretary to the advisory panel.
- Support ProShare’s agenda for policy and external affairs and the constructive dialogue with MPs and relevant government departments, e.g. HMT, HMRC, DWP, DBIS .
- Support the preparation of budget submissions to the Chancellor of the Exchequer.
- Implement the agreed strategy for ProShare’ social media profile, presence, campaigns and interactions. Develop & maintain SM plan & schedule activity via Hootsuite; write content for LinkedIn/Twitter, liking and commenting on articles and items aligned with strategic SM purpose for ProShare.
- Organise, write and update technical content for ProShare website
- Prepare a monthly member newsletter for which the post holder will write, commission or solicit articles on technical matters from members
- Set and oversee project plan for production of Annual SAYE & SIP Report. Agree questionnaire formats & content with contributors. Sense-check data when submitted. Liaise with data analyst to produce draft report. Liaise with designer on production & print of report. Manage logistics and sponsorship for report launch event and seminar event.
- Write foreword & agree SAYE & SIP Report look and feel with designer. Proofread and sign off report. Produce social media assets for campaign, and materials for events and briefings. Proofread and sense-check report.
- Attend and where appropriate speak at ProShare functions and external events.
- Liaise as required with other industry bodies such as GEO & the IAFP
- Liaise with Publishing team and oversee authorship, timetable & flat plans for written collateral production with printers, including that relating to conference and awards.
- Work collaboratively with other Chartered Governance Institute colleagues to help improve the general understanding of the work of ProShare.
- Work closely with the Events team to schedule and manage the yearly programme of conferences, events and the awards dinner and manage the ProShare team's business planning and resource management
- Working with the Events team to deliver the contract with awards and conference venue and event production; negotiation of awards host fee with agent; agreement of creative theme with Marketing team, designer and production team. Oversee project plan and coordination of logistics, including speaker selection for the conference and delegate experience at both marquee events.
- Working with the Events team to deliver the contract with Conference app provider; set up of schedules and pages within app platform and submission of app guide to Apple & Google for approvals.
- Manage logistics and sponsorship for Annual SAYE & SIP and other report launch events and seminars.
- Manage and develop team assistant, overseeing and setting objectives.
- Ensure that health and safety requirements are met in the areas for which the jobholder is responsible.
- Occasional early mornings/evenings and travel involved.
- The post holder may be required to carry out other duties that are reasonably to be considered as within the scope and purpose of the job and the aptitudes of the job holder.
- Understanding of the structure, operations and strategy for a membership body
- Knowledge of Employee Share Plans
- Technically proficient especially using spreadsheets and powerpoint
- Experience of managing and motivating a small team
- Track record of experience in the share plans industry - experience of the management of share plans would be beneficial
- Experience of business development and brand and event management desirable
- Evidence of policy / influencing experience desirable
- Evidence of CPD
- Excellent organisational, planning, prioritisation and time management skills
- Excellent communication and research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven people management and leadership skills and experience
- Ability to be a public voice and a highly visible presence
- Relationship building, networking and negotiating skills Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability and willingness to problem solve and think outside the box.
- Recognise the particular challenges, opportunities etc. that come with working for a membership organisation
- Act in accordance with our values:
- Demonstrate flexibility and open mindedness