Zurich Insurance is looking for a company secretary/paralegal with 2 – 5 years relevant experience to support the Zurich Group’s licensing and company secretarial needs in Ireland. The position is located in Zurich’s offices in the IFSC, Dublin but working from other locations and supporting other Zurich business in Dublin may also be required.
This is an opportunity to join the in-house Legal team and to work in a stimulating and supportive environment.
The Zurich Group in Ireland includes regulated legal entities operating significant international insurance businesses. In addition to a Board of Directors, the main company has a number of committees and a branch network throughout Europe, managed and controlled from the Dublin headquarters.
Responsibilities will include:
- Helping to maintain Zurich’s insurance and reinsurance licences in Ireland, EU and Rest of World, including engagement with the Central Bank of Ireland and other regulators as required. This will require acquiring a detailed understanding of the various classes of insurance authorisation and how those authorisations are passported within the EU.
- Attendance at board and committee meetings and taking minutes
- Dealing with regular day-to-day queries including AML/KYC information requests
- Arranging for notarisation and apostilling of documents
- Research on a range of legal issues
Skills and Experience
Your skills and qualifications will include:
- Relevant degree – Legal/Business.
- Ideal candidate will have qualified as a company secretary, solicitor or barrister and will have gained experience in financial services.
- Experience in a top tier law firm is preferable
- Flexible and ability to adapt to new deadlines
- Team orientated individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Organised and demonstrating attention to detail