Non-Executive Director X 2
London South East Academies Trust (LSEAT)
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Bromley? London South East Academies Trust seeks two non-executives directors to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme, brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
London South East Academies Trust (LSEAT) oversees 8 academies, 1200 pupils, 600 staff and a budget of £26m. The trust is committed to social enterprise and has a recognised track record of turning around under-performing schools and delivering excellence for all local young people. The Trust seeks two non-executive directors to join its board to oversee the delivery of an ambitious strategic plan and growth. Board meetings are held in Bromley and Orpington.
The board seeks two business leaders with expertise in one or more of the following:
- Strategic human resources
- Qualified accountant
- Finance at executive level
- Growth/change management
- Corporate governance
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Growth strategy - the trust aims to expand from 8 – 15 schools
- Financial sustainability –along with the growth plans, the trust has just become the academy sponsor of another SEMH school
- Leadership capacity and succession – focusing on attracting and retaining good leaders
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please visit AA. Org – A full trust specification is available at academyambassadors.org link included