Head of Governance and Compliance
Head of Governance and Compliance
Location: Rochester Airport
Application Deadline: 08th March 2020
An opportunity has arisen to join the Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex (AAKSS) as our Head of Governance and Compliance. As a member of our Corporate Services Departments, you will be responsible for ensuring good organisational governance, by implementing and maintaining a compliance management system, and identifying statutory and regulatory compliance requirements.
The Head of Governance and Compliance will also have responsibility for supporting the Chair of the Board of Trustees and ensuring that the board is functioning efficiently and effectively.
- Ensuring the organisation is compliant with the relevant standards of corporate governance including articles of association and Charity Commission requirements.
- To work closely with the Chair and CEO, ensuring they understand the requirements of charity governance, and any changes that may impact AAKSS.
- To support the Chair and trustees both individually, and as a group, to fulfil their legal duties through the provision of up-to-date information and ongoing support in their roles.
- To maintain statutory records and ensure quality secretariat support, record keeping and communications for AAKSS’s various governance fora including the Board of Trustees, Audit & Risk, Clinical Governance and Service Delivery and Fundraising and Communications.
- To own the overall Schedule of Policies and Roster of Regulatory Roles, and ensure organisational policies are developed to a high standard.
- To own and maintain the continuous development of charity and standard organisational policies and compliance and oversee the delegation of policies and compliance relating to Aviation, Medical, Gambling and other specialised areas to relevant colleagues.
- Act as Data Protection Officer and keep up to date on laws and practices around data protection, conduct privacy assessments internally, and ensure that all other matters of compliance pertaining to data are up to date.
- Maintain contract management procedures which will include reviewing contracts and renewal dates, providing guidance when issues arise and liaising with external legal specialists when required.
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environments and to regularly review how governance processes and practices could be improved and work with the Chair and CEO to explore and implement changes as necessary.
- To be the internal source of advice and guidance to senior staff on governance matters and to ensure that staff are complying with the Scheme of Delegated Authority and the other risk and incident reporting processes.
- Responsibility for oversight of the risk management framework and maintenance of the corporate risk register, and trustee engagement with risks and changes to the risk picture.
- To manage the governance action logs and ensure reporting on progress to the next committee meeting.
- Facilitate the recruitment of Trustees and Committee members as required, facilitate trustee induction and board development needs.
- Support the Chair to implement and manage processes for evaluating board effectiveness.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – the ability to convey complex information clearly and succinctly.
- Ability to build highly effective and collaborative relationships.
- Strong influencing, persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- A flexible and adaptable approach with strong ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
To apply for the role of Head of Governance and Compliance, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Head of Corporate Governance, Head of Regulatory Compliance, Head of Compliance, Senior Corporate Governance Manager, or Regulatory Compliance Manager.
More search results
Deputy Company Secretary in the North East
Corporate Governance Specialist (green energy sec…
Non-executive director - Lydiate Learning Trust
Non-executive Director- Yorkshire and the Humber …
FTSE250 Company Secretarial Assistant - City