KPMG Company Secretarial (Legal) Graduate Programme
KPMG is one of Ireland’s leading professional advisory services firms. We offer a wide range of audit, tax and advisory services, including Company Secretarial. As part of KPMG’s Legal Service offering, Company Secretarial provides a broad range of services to corporate clients in Ireland and internationally.
A career as a Chartered Secretary in Legal Services gives you exposure to the issues at the very core of business life in Ireland. The group’s work is exciting, varied and covers the provision of company secretarial services and advice on corporate legal compliance obligations. The Companies Act 2014, legislation on the disclosure of beneficial ownership and proposed future legislation, have greatly increased the regulation, policing and enforcement of company law. Our clients now have an even greater need for practical pro-active advice that will enable them to operate effectively in this tough new regime.
Graduates will follow a three-year programme to become a business focused adviser on company secretarial practice and compliance. Practical experience, structured in-house training and completing a Postgraduate Diploma in Management and Corporate Governance that also leads to qualification as an Associate of the The Chartered Governance Institute are the core aspects of the three year programme.
At KPMG, we have built our success on total commitment to teamwork, integrity in everything we do and a desire to be the best in the marketplace. If you share these principles, we invite you to consider starting your career with KPMG’s Legal Services.
KPMG Business School
KPMG has a dedicated team of training professionals who help ensure that you receive the highest quality training to enable you to successfully progress through your career.
During your first two years with KPMG you will complete your Postgraduate Diploma. Our assistance and Support Programmes are designed to complement your course work.
Supplementary to your on-the-job skills development, you will also complete a structured training programme comprising technical, interpersonal and IT skills, to ensure your successful development as a business leader of tomorrow.
As a graduate, we understand you are at the beginning of a new learning curve. In joining KPMG, you will benefit from training and development to support you in your development in all of the following areas:
- Interpersonal skills development: In order to continue your success, we recognise the need to harness and develop your interpersonal skills. To this end, we run a series of modules tailored to meet your specific development needs: client care and professional development, team working, communication – both written and verbal, personal effectiveness and management skills.
- Information technology training: In addition to training in the Microsoft Office® packages, including Word®, Excel®, PowerPoint® and Outlook®, you will also receive training in the use of packages specific to Company Secretarial, to enable you to maximise the use of our technology.
- Technical training: Your technical development will take place through both on-the-job coaching (with senior staff within Company Secretarial) and a formal training programme specific to each year of the programme.
- Formal training programmes have been designed for each level of staff in Company Secretarial. This programme is delivered by subject experts, both from within the group and other specialisms in KPMG, and covers subjects appropriate to the level of the participant’s career path.
- Our investment in your development ensures you will have every opportunity to succeed, both in your exams and with the range of client experiences you will encounter in your training career.
Strong academic achievement to include a 2.1 degree and a fluent command of the English language.
Starting salary with KPMG is competitive. KPMG pay all fees in connection with the Postgraduate Diploma in Management and Corporate Governance. Paid study leave is also provided and a salary review is completed every 12 months.
How to apply
Please click on the 'apply' button to complete our online application form and select Legal Services in the drop down section. We are looking to hire graduates to join the programme in September 2020.