Elemental is a growing boutique professional services firm and the role offers an unrivalled combination of flexible and remote working. We pride ourselves on delivering company secretarial services of an excellent standard with a human touch.
Our customers appreciate our commitment to customer service and our mission to prioritise governance and ensure it does not become a footnote or tick-box.
Members of the firm enjoy the flexible approach to working and being set free from a constricting office environment. You will primarily based from home and not expected to commute to and from an office. The firm encourages a healthy work-life balance whilst maintaining excellent standards of customer service.
Elemental is seeking to recruit a Senior Associate in our Corporate Services team who will have a clear path to promotion to become a Company Secretarial Manager within three years of joining the team subject to performance.
The role is full time however candidates seeking to work 4 or 4.5 days a week will be considered. Work outside of normal working hours and on weekends is actively discouraged.
Your role will be vital in supporting our strong client base including listed companies, financially regulated entities, third-sector clients and private trading companies.
The role includes the following:
- Attending board meetings, taking minutes and advising on corporate governance.
- Drafting a variety of corporate and compliance policies.
- A clear path to promotion into a management position.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with clients.
- Advising clients on company secretarial compliance and governance matters.
- Supporting clients with special projects (e.g. corporate transactions, share reorganisations).
- Maintaining company records with the assistance of the associate and support teams.
The team consists of two Company Secretarial Directors, two Company Secretarial Managers and six Associates, as well as the support team and the Accountancy team. Ensuring all team members feel supported is a priority. You'll learn new skills and develop existing knowledge and experience.
You'll have the following attributes (although candidates meeting only some of the following criteria will be considered):
- a qualified chartered secretary or qualified solicitor of at least 5 years’ experience (dual qualification would be a significant advantage);
- at least 3 years working in a professional services firm;
- detailed knowledge of the Companies Act 2006 and accompanying relevant regulations;
- excellent inter-personal skills and a customer driven attitude;
- flexible and adaptive approach to work; and
- experience working within or for publicly listed clients and/or financially regulated firms (preferred but not essential).
You'll earn the full-time equivalent of between £50,000 and £70,000 per year depending on your experience and you’ll be able to take part in a bonus and commission scheme.
You'll need to be able to commute to London around 2 or 3 times per month to attend board meetings but otherwise you'll be able to work wherever you're able to connect to the internet.
All applications will be seriously considered and following review they will contact potential candidates via email to arrange a telephone interview.
If forgetting the daily commute and working flexibly sounds good they would love to hear from you.