£Six Figures + Excellent Benefits
Shaftesbury is a successful, longstanding real estate investment trust, which invests exclusively in the liveliest parts of London’s West End. Its property portfolio clustered mainly in Carnaby, Seven Dials and Chinatown, includes some iconic businesses: some of Londoners’ favourite restaurants and bars, shops, apartments and offices. Listed in the FTSE-250, governance best practice underpins the way the business is managed and it’s an important ingredient of their long-term success. Staying true to their values – human, original, community-minded, responsible, long-term – they strive for sustainability and the improvement of their communities.
An unparalleled opportunity has now arisen for a pragmatic and commercial Group Company Secretary to join them on a part-time basis.
- Provide guidance to the Chairman and other directors on corporate governance best practice.
- As a member of the executive team, contribute to all aspects of the development and implementation of Shaftesbury’s strategy.
- Act as Secretary to the Board and Committees and ensure that information flows appropriately and effectively.
- Facilitate recruitment, induction and professional development of the executive and non-executive directors.
- Develop and oversee the systems that ensure Shaftesbury complies with all legal and statutory requirements, including year-end activity.
- Manage, coach and develop one direct report - a capable Assistant Company Secretary.
The successful individual will be an experienced Chartered Governance professional with a solid listed background and considerable exposure to NEDs and the plc Board.
You will be able to engage and influence at all levels and explain governance best practice in layman’s terms. We are seeking a forward-thinking individual, who can bring ideas to the table and strives for improvement. A ‘hands-on’ approach is essential.
Applicants will have capacity to work for 3 or 4 days a week, with some flexibility around busy periods throughout the year.
For a confidential discussion about this exciting opportunity, please contact our exclusively retained consultants Mariza Dimaki or Jon Moores at The Core Partnership on 020 3589 0333 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Any direct or third party applicants will be forwarded to The Core Partnership.
Reference Number: 1556