- Royal Derby Hospital
- £73,936 - £86,687 pa
- UHDB - Trust Secretary
- Job title
- Company secretary, Board level roles, Head of Governance
- Job type
- Full time
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to join and provide leadership for the UHDB Corporate Governance Team. The role of Trust Secretary will lead on all aspects of corporate governance for the Trust, including providing support to the Board of Directors and its Committees, maintenance of the statutory registers, providing oversight of the Trust's policy framework, providing guidance of regulatory and compliance issues as well as leading on the drafting of the Annual Report.
The role will lead the work of the Corporate Governance directorate which covers Foundation Trust membership and support to the Council of Governors, Freedom of Information, Board Assurance Framework, policy management, insurance, Board Assurance Framework, Freedom to Speak Up and CQC Well Led compliance.
You will be expected to operate with a high degree of autonomy at the highest levels within the Trust. There will be opportunities for further development and to undertake additional Trust wide and potentially system wide projects.
Ideally candidates will be fully qualified with the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) or working towards membership. Candidates will hold a Degree qualification or equivalent.
Key facts about our Trust:
- Every day our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients
- We see more Trauma and Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
- On average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – the 6th largest in the country
- We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
- We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
- 25 babies are born each day in our maternity units
- We employ 12,000 staff across our 5 hospital sites
- Annual turnover of £750 million
In terms of location, Derby and Burton offer the best of both worlds – city life on the doorstep of a stunning rural environment. We border the National Forest and we are in easy reach of the Peak District, offering outstanding natural beauty. Centrally located, we have excellent transport links to the rest of the country including major cities.
Closing Date for applications: 9 February 2020
Interview Date: 19 February 2020
For more information please contact: Nigel Trowbridge, Acting Trust Secretary on 01332 786896