You take responsibility for the following tasks:
- Day to day administration in respect of Company Secretarial services for a portfolio of clients
- Working closely with other Associates to ensure that the team have an in depth knowledge of all activities of the portfolio of clients and therefore providing support for Fund Operations duties as and when required
- Work as part of a team to ensure that targets are met for a portfolio of clients Corporate Governance and Corporate Secretarial
- Performance of a broad range of Corporate secretarial duties such as co-ordination and attendance of quarterly board meetings, ad hoc board meetings and deal projects
- Attendance at and Minute writing for both quarterly and ad hoc meetings *Ensure that all action points from meetings are disseminated and completed in a timely fashion
- Maintenance of corporate data and records
- Make statutory filings within the statutory deadlines
- Arrange Annual General Meetings and Extraordinary General Meetings as required
- Arrange quarterly and ad hoc board meetings
- Establishment of corporate records for new entities
- Preparation of notices and resolutions
- Preparation of annual validations
- Preparation of statutory waivers and filing of waivers with the Guernsey Registry
- Management of Client/ Counsel's expectations Fund Operations
- Provide support to other Associates within the team to ensure that all fund operation deadlines are met.
This may include:-
- Co-ordination of reporting services packages
- Assistance with the co-ordination of investor uploads
- Assistance with audit queries
- Collation of Client Due Diligence prior to closes
- Co-ordination of responses to investor queries
- Assistance with billing and collection for team's client portfolio Development
- Identify areas to improve own and Associate knowledge and skills and actively seek assistance. Constantly review and, where necessary, re-prioritise own activities
- Attend seminars and workshops to enhance professional and technical knowledge.
- Assistance with the collation of Client Due Diligence for new clients. Assistance with the collation of documents for the regulatory applications.
Skills and Knowledge Key areas are as follows:
- Bookkeeping and accounts - understands the key features of financial statements and is able to read, understand and critically review a set of company accounts or other financial reports
- Listed Funds experience - this individual will be handling CoSec role for specific client
- Business Development - has understanding of the (PE) business and shall be involved in the design in process and infrastructure perspective.
- Company Law and administration - knowledge of both Guernsey and UK company law and have experience of the administration of all company secretarial duties for Guernsey and UK entities
- Professional writing - a high standard of business writing is required for this role. The Candidate should have experience in documenting complex and confidential commercial meetings.
- Taxation - has a basic understanding of tax issues and jurisdictions
- Financial awareness - understands the principles of managing financial assets
- Relationship management - able to develop strong relationships with clients, service providers and directors
- Commercial awareness - has a broad knowledge of the market in which the company operates
- Risk awareness - able to recognise and respond to risk situations and stays up to date with appropriate legislation and professional standards
- Communication - demonstrates good listening and questioning skills and has strong spoken and written communication
- Teamwork - consistently volunteers and "pitches in" to help other team members who are under pressure
- Organisation - show good organisational skills in terms of time management and the prioritisation workloads
- Coaching - of Associate
Professional Qualifications & Minimum Relevant Experience
The holder of this position should be educated, as a minimum, to 'A' level standard and preferably hold or be studying for a professional qualification such as ICSA (although this is desirable rather than essential). The post holder should have a minimum of 4 years exposure in company secretarial services.