Head of Dept.
Head of Dept – Co Sec
A Law Firm in Dublin with offices in London and the US is seeking a Company Secretary to manage, lead and develop their company secretarial and corporate governance department.
Candidates will ideally have experience in a law practice or have a law background. Candidates with legal qualifications and experience in corporate law who would like to expand their career in a corporate governance environment will also be considered for this role.
Role and Responsibilities:
· Managing the daily delivery of company secretarial services and corporate governance advices to our high profile corporate clients
· Develop and manage new and existing client relationships
· Recruiting, training, supervising and appraising department staff
· Implementing protocols and standard operating procedures for client management
· Develop initiatives to continually improve the performance of the department
· Engagement with the firm's partners and staff across all practice areas
· Controlling finance and budgeting for the department
· Overseeing company secretarial technologies and software systems
· Providing educational workshops for department staff and contribution to the firm's wider educational programmes
· Responsibility for a select client portfolio to include attendance at board meetings and minute taking
Skills, experience and characteristics required:
· ACIS or FCIS qualified Company Secretary
· Excellent knowledge of the Companies Acts
· Experience of managing a team and their personal development
· Excellent communication, organisational skills and attention to detail
· Strong academic leadership skills
· Ability to work to deadlines and manage multiple projects
Any questions or queries contact Cian @ Cian.Fitzpatrick@Cpl.ie