Governance & Compliance Manager
- Dunraven School
- London, SW16
- Job title
- Governance roles, Compliance / Legal roles, Governance Manager
- Job type
- Full time
WHO WE ARE
The Dunraven Educational Trust believes schools have a moral imperative to create the best educational provision that they can in order to serve the needs of their community effectively, now and in the future. The Trust has primary, secondary and sixth form phases and a well-established ITT provision as part of a National Teaching School. We are experienced and successful in supporting schools in a range of areas including leadership development, teaching and learning, finance and HR.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
The Trust has one overarching aim: excellence for and from everyone. This is an expectation for both the children and adults in a school community. It is achieved in a variety of ways according to the context of each school but within the clear framework established by the Trust.
If you are successful in your application, you will join a staff who are hard-working, committed, positive in outlook and dedicated to the achievement of our students. We offer:
- a high standard of professional practice, with bespoke in-house CPD provision, and affiliation to nationally recognised courses and providers;
- a supportive and collegiate environment, with regular staff social and sporting activities (such as yoga, football and House events);
- a culture of high trust and accountability that values creativity and innovation, leading practice locally and nationally in a range of fields.
We are looking to appoint an appropriately qualified and enthusiastic person to have responsibility for managing and developing Governance and Compliance for the Trust. Good governance is a fundamental element of all good schools, and this is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in delivering the highest standards of progressive governance across the Dunraven Educational Trust, which is currently made up of two primary schools and an All Through school (from Reception to 6th Form).
As an exceptionally well-organised individual, you will support the Trust ethos and the efficient functioning of the Board, enabling the Trustees to discharge their responsibilities effectively. You will also support the academy Governing Bodies, in particular ensuring high standards of clerking, improving processes, and providing quality assurance in policy administration and the publication of statutory information across the Trust.
To be successful, you will need the following skills:
- Ideally, a graduate with ICSA or similar professional qualifications relating to governance, policy administration or compliance
- Experience of multi-site organisations and of working with and influencing colleagues and senior leadership.
- Confidence in the use of collaborative office technologies
- Attention to detail, taking pride in well-drafted documents and communications
- A high degree of integrity, confidentiality, discretion
- The flexibility to meet changing priorities
- The capability to work independently as well as collaboratively across the Trust
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
The role is ideal for individuals with previous educational governance experience but equally is an exciting opportunity for individuals seeking to develop their career in an area that sits at the heart of the education sector.
Further details about the post and how to apply can be found at: https://dunraven.careers.eteach.com/.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Closing date: 10th January 2020.
Please note that we reserve the right to close this vacancy before the published closing deadline, if we receive a good number of applications from suitable candidates.
We are committed to the safety and protection of its students. A satisfactory enhanced DBS check is a condition of employment for all employees