£Attractive + good benefits
Our client, a large UK-listed financial services company, is looking for an experienced Assistant Company Secretary to join a sub-team, who focus primarily on the support of a principal subsidiary, within the wider secretariat. Supporting the Head of Secretariat and working within a broad remit, this role will involve advising and delivering on all corporate governance, statutory and listing obligations, assisting with ad-hoc tasks, and building strong relationships across all levels of seniority. If you are looking to take your career to the next level and work as part of a complex team for a first-rate company, then please get in touch today!
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage a small portfolio of subsidiaries, enabling the effective operation of their Boards and Committees.
- Support the delivery of various Board and Committees, including the Executive Committee of the principal subsidiary.
- Manage the governance arrangements for subsidiary and other entity boards.
- Complete statutory obligations for the company’s subsidiaries.
- Support the delivery of the parent company’s Annual General Meeting.
- Administer company listings.
- Support the Head of Secretariat day-to-day on various ad hoc projects and tasks as required.
- Assist the Head of Secretariat on delivering on all governance responsibilities in the UK and Europe.
- Working with considerable autonomy in managing a portfolio of subsidiary companies and contributing to the development of corporate governance policies and procedures to implement a ‘best practice’ approach.
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience working for a large and complex organisation
- ICSA Qualified (ACIS/FCIS/ACG/FCG) or equivalent would be highly desirable
- Prior listed company experience and/or experience gained within a financial services environment.
- Able to work confidently across all levels of management
- Able to maintain and develop relationships with ease
- Proven ability to influence
- Strong organisational skills
Thank you for your interest in this Core Job. If you’d like to apply for this job, please click on “apply” and attach the latest version of your CV (unless we already have it). Alternatively, you can always give one of our Recruitment Partners a call.
Reference Number: 1534