Associate Director, Company Secretary
Vistra Corporate Law are looking to recruit an Associate Director, Company Secretary to help with the continued growth of the Specialist Corporate Governance department. The Specialist Corporate Governance team currently comprises four qualified or part-qualified chartered secretaries and a team administrator and provides services to a diverse client base which includes listed, regulated and charitable companies.
The Associate Director, Company Secretary will be involved in providing expert services to primarily listed and regulated companies as well as advising other team members on, among other areas, the Listing Rules, the Market Abuse Regulation, the Companies Acts and corporate governance generally.
The role will suit an individual who has gained solid experience working in a listed environment, is a natural leader, and who has a commercial approach to business. In addition to providing expert support to clients, the Associate Director will be expected to contribute to draft business plans, ensure effective contribution towards team members, and lead on business development initiatives.
- To create and deliver upon annual business plan of the department and any group operating plan so that operations generate a positive cashflow available to be reinvested in the provision of high-quality professional services to clients.
- To lead a specialist team in the provision of company secretarial, board, committee and ancillary technical support and ad hoc services to a portfolio of UK and offshore companies, ensuring that members of the Specialist Corporate Governance team interpret their needs precisely and respond to them correctly and that clients are kept regularly informed of progress and costs.
- To create and maintain the provision of high-quality client service in all aspects of Company Secretarial, and other relevant services.
- To ensure all work performed is charged to clients in a timely manner and that all work undertaken is charged at appropriate fees.
- To review and recommend changes in fee structure where considered appropriate.
- To provide professional leadership and line management to the team managers to ensure the delivery of the department’s, Vistra objectives
- To ensure, in conjunction with HR functions, and the management team that the Specialist Corporate Governance team have credible and challenging development plans and oversee their delivery.
- To work closely with clients, identifying ways in which we can develop the relationship and ensure client retention and increase service provision and fees
- To be an active member of the senior leadership within the office location and work closely with the senior leadership team within Vistra locally and globally in identifying both new client opportunities and areas where current systems and services can be developed.
- To ensure systems are in place to enable the department to manage and control customer due diligence activity and reporting all concerns in respect of suspicion of money laundering activity to the Compliance Officer.
- To identify, promote and develop commercial opportunities and to keep clients informed of new products, services and changes in legislation.
- To play an active role in contributing to marketing content and sharing best practice, supporting marketing, promotional and sales initiatives as appropriate.
Qualifications and Technical skills:
- Educated to degree level, an ICSA qualified Chartered Secretary with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a relevant sector at management level, including listed company experience
- Proven track record of growing client relationships and revenue from these clients.
- Experience in managing and owning a departments P&L and its growth.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Personable and enthusiastic leader, with a confident, professional and commercial outlook.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Capable of working under pressure and with minimal supervision.