Manager, Company Secretary
Vistra Corporate Law are looking to recruit a Manager, Company Secretary to help with the continued growth of the Specialist Corporate Governance department. The Specialist Corporate Governance team currently comprises four qualified or part-qualified chartered secretaries and a team administrator and provides services to a diverse client base which includes listed, regulated and charitable companies.
The Manager, Company Secretary will be involved in providing expert services to primarily listed and regulated companies as well as advising other team members on, among other areas, the Listing Rules, the Market Abuse Regulation, the Companies Acts and corporate governance generally.
The role will suit an individual who has gained solid experience working in a listed environment, experience in Board Support, and expert support to clients.
- Provide company secretarial, corporate governance and board support services to a portfolio of listed and regulated companies, ensuring that their needs are interpreted precisely and responded to correctly and that the client is kept regularly informed of progress and costs;
- Providing high quality board, committee and shareholder meeting support to clients, including coordinating agendas and papers, attending board, committee and general meetings throughout the UK, taking accurate and comprehensive minutes and circulating for review.
- Be fully conversant with the relevant systems, procedures and services of both the Specialist Corporate Governance department and Vistra Corporate Law (VCL) as a whole and to work with colleagues to ensure that the work processes of the Specialist Corporate Governance department are carried out efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure that all completed work is promptly invoiced, raising interim invoices as appropriate.
- Work closely with clients, identifying ways in which we can develop the relationship and ensure client retention.
- Work closely with other members of the Specialist Corporate Governance department in identifying areas where current systems and services can be developed.
- Ensure that files are compliant with current money laundering regulations, conduct ongoing client contact to ensure that the customer due diligence information requested is received within a reasonable time frame
- Maintain systems that enable us to manage and control customer due diligence activity and reporting all concerns in respect of suspicion of money laundering activity to the Compliance Officer.
- Identify, promote and develop commercial opportunities wherever possible and to keep clients informed of new products, services and changes in legislation.
- Play an active role in the business development, supporting marketing, promotional and sales initiatives as appropriate.
- Refer any complaints or testimonials to the appropriate manager immediately.
- Perform ad-hoc requests at the request of the Head of Specialist Corporate Governance.
- Confidence in travelling independently to meetings throughout the UK and comfortable with occasional overnight stays.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Personable and enthusiastic team player, with a confident, professional and commercial outlook.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Capable of working under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Essential – Educated to degree level and completed ICSA qualification, preferably with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the listed or regulated company secretarial fields
- Experience of servicing board and committee meetings, sound and competent minute-taking skills and general boardroom exposure; confident and able to deal with colleagues and clients at all levels, including board directors and senior managers.
- Experience of complex and routine company secretarial transactions and filing and notification requirements, using company secretarial software and/or Companies House web-filing.
- Experience in providing services to clients, both in person, in writing and by telephone.