Assistant Company Secretary- FTSE100
Assisting the Deputy Company Secretary, this position is responsible for the delivery of shareholder services, and ensuring that appropriate governance, regulatory and statutory compliance is maintained. Joining an impressive team, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate strong technical and professional capabilities and be able to build and maintain strong working relationships at all levels.
• Works closely with the Senior ACS in the delivery of the Company Secretarial objectives
• Provides efficient and effective service to the Plc board, its committees and subsidiaries
• Ensuring the business complies with all regulatory, legislative and governance best practice
• Contributes to the Annual Report and AGM process
• Contributes to improving and streamlining the corporate governance framework
• Accountability for the development and execution of objectives in relation to Executive share schemes, ensuring that they are in line with the Group Reward strategy, Internal Communications and business requirements, and providing internal guidance and assistance to colleagues;
• Lead the planning and execution of Executive share scheme grants and vesting's.
• Review and amend all Executive share plans in relation to any changes in legislation and business needs.
• Manages the relationships with the Executive Share Plans administrator and Employee Benefit Trusts to ensure an effective service to colleagues, and a cost-effective service to the Company;
• Deputise for the Deputy Company Secretary in all matters relating to Executive share plans when necessary
• Develops the Company Secretarial Assistant(s)/Trainee(s) within the department; and
• Builds strong relationships with key internal and external senior stakeholders
• ACIS or higher
• Proven experience within a FTSE100/250
• Excellent working knowledge of the Companies Act 2006, the UK Corporate Governance Code, UK Listing Rules and Disclosure and Transparency Guidance and any related best practice guidance
• Subsidiary governance and executive share plans experience;
• Comfortable with making decisions and focus attention on the right priorities
• Being able to motivate and lead by example
• The ability to build great working relationships with colleagues in the Corporate Services team and with a diverse range of stakeholders across the business.