Company Secretary, Law Firm, 4 Day Week / Flexible Working Options, Dublin
Our client a leading law firm in Dublin wishes to recruit a Company Secretary to join their highly regarded Company Secretarial and Compliance team.
The position will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to work on a high calibre and varied portfolio of clients. The position will offer strong support in professional development and good career advancement opportunities. Flexible working arrangements will also be considered to include working a 4 day week.
Working as part of a well-resourced Company Secretarial team, and in close collaboration with the firm’s Financial Services and Corporate Lawyers, the successful candidate will be responsible for the management of a portfolio of clients and will deal with all aspects of company secretarial compliance, corporate governance, corporate restructuring as well as provide support services to the Board of Directors of our Funds clients.
Areas of responsibility will include:
- Advising and assisting our client base on various matters relating to their compliance requirements with company and other relevant legislation.
- Corporate restructuring work, Company formations, establishing branches, voluntary strike off and reinstatements.
- Liquidation matters.
- Annual compliance work to include preparation of Annual Returns, Board Minutes, AGM and EGM packs, renewing directors authority to allot shares and to dis-apply pre-emption provisions.
- Organising and attending board meetings of regulated funds, co-ordinating the distribution of board packs, taking and distributing minutes.
- Liaising with internal and external lawyers, accountants, listing brokers, investment managers and regulatory bodies such as the Companies Registration Office, Irish Stock Exchange and the Financial Regulator.
- Providing support to others in the firm on company secretarial related matters.
- Training and supervision of junior staff and sharing knowledge, skills and experience with the team.
- ICSA qualified or part qualified.
- Proven ability to provide first class client service.
- Minimum of 4+ years experience in a similar role, ideally in another law firm or professional services firm.
- High levels of computer literacy.
- Solid skills and knowledge of Company Secretarial software, preferably Blueprint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to work in a team environment and take instructions as necessary.
- Ability to operate on own initiative with a pro-active approach in ensuring that daily, weekly, monthly tasks are achieved on time.
- An ability to ensure a high standard of accuracy and attention to detail in their work.
- An ability to prioritise, plan and complete multiple activities on time.