Company Secretary - Governance Manager
The Group was established in Bermuda in 2003 and is now one of the world’s largest fund administration and middle office solutions providers. They have continually improved and evolved its product suite by surrounding these core administrative services with additional products spanning the full value chain of a fund; from information delivery and regulatory products to fund platforms and tax services. The globally distributed service model has rapidly expanded through a combination of organic growth and more recently bolstered by acquisition. Service is now delivered by over 1200 staff across 38 offices.
POSITION: AVP - Company Secretarial - Governance Manager
DEPARTMENT: Company Secretarial Department
LOCATION: Dublin office Ireland
A highly motivated individual with the ability to perform a variety of tasks and carry out the Company Secretary’s duties for Fund Services Limited and Corporate Services (Ireland) Limited. This person will manage a varied portfolio of clients for which Ireland acts as Company Secretary, for example, UCITS/Non-UCITS funds, management companies, unit trusts, Limited, DACs and offshore domiciled entities. They will assist the Irish team and the group corporate secretarial services team to ensure good corporate governance becomes culturally embedded.
The successful candidate will report into the Senior Vice President and head of the department and provide support to the Company Secretarial team.
- To proactively spot governance issues before they arise.
- To manage relevant relationships with team members and senior management of group entities, where necessary.
- To build positive relationships and add real value to the teams and entities from a governance perspective.
- To adhere to processes, procedures, and working practices for the greater good of the entities.
- To work within a dynamic team with a team player and client focus.
To ensure that the company’s legal entities are in compliance with laws and regulations and relevant internal rules and regulations, by:
- Organising and attending board and committee meetings and producing resolutions, minutes and the like.
- Draft minutes and prepare an action point list of the matters arising from the board meetings and forward them to the relevant client for review ensuring all filings and registrations are made in a timely and accurate manner for the entities. Ensuring all other requirements or other relevant legislation are met.
- Maintaining and updating of company statutory registers
- To advise Senior Management on corporate governance/company secretarial matters on a regular basis.
- To assist Senior Management team and the head of the department in advising on managing, mitigating and monitoring corporate governance risks.
- To deal with any other responsibility reasonably assigned by Senior Management and the team.
- Preparation and filing of Annual Returns.
- Holding of Annual General Meetings and Extraordinary General Meetings.
- Deal with queries and requests, on a day to day basis from clients, auditors and internal staff.
- To represent the Company in a professional manner and enhance the perception of the Company as client oriented, proactive and dedicated to providing a superior service.
Skills / Experience
- Extensive minute taking experience, preferably in a fund or legal environment
- Strong written communication skills with proven ability in the use of the English language
- Exceptional proofreading is required to ensure the accuracy of the documents and correspondence
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Good knowledge of windows application
- Relevant experience in company secretarial positions, and have at least 4-5 years’ experience, preferably gained within a fund or legal environment
- ICSA qualified/part-qualified and People Management skills an advantage
We are an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital/civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.