Trainee Company Secretary - graduate opportunity
The Legal and Corporate Secretarial team provides the legal and corporate services for all Group companies by working as an integral part of the business to help achieve Mott MacDonald’s strategy by ensuring the smooth running of good corporate governance and compliance of all Group companies.
This role is envisioned as an entry role into Company Secretariat for a suitable candidate. As a Trainee Company Secretary, you will be working as part of a team of three to assist and support the Deputy Company Secretary in the provision of company secretarial services throughout the Group. This role involves dealing with the varied day-to-day workload of a busy Company Secretariat which provides advice and support to stakeholders in a large international group of companies. In return, you can look forward to involvement in an integral role, providing you with a fantastic opportunity to gain experience within the field and further develop your career with global exposure.
There will be opportunity for a successful candidate to get involved with the following:
- Preparation of powers of attorney; and arranging execution of legal documents (NDAs, contracts, deeds etc).
- Draft and arrange for Board Minutes, Board Resolutions and Bank Mandates to be executed.
- Process legal documents to be notarised, legalised and apostilled.
- Process bid documentation e.g. Directors details for bid team and business units.
- Process Know Your Customer” KYC” data for banks, firms and clients.
- Assist with communications relating to the Group’s shareholders.
- Provide administrative support around share transfers and maintenance of the Group share register (previous knowledge is not necessary, training will be provided).
- Assist the team with the AGM and other Directors’, shareholder meetings and other.
- General administration, such as: updating company records and databases (PiMs and Blueprint) and processing payments and invoices.
- Pro-actively contributing to the success, high performance and development of the company secretariat team as a whole.
- Ad-hoc long-term projects, assisting and supporting the Group General Counsel and Deputy Company Secretary on corporate transactions and other projects as and when required.
Assist with general day to day legal matters. Other associated and related tasks, general secretarial and administrative duties including typing, filing, photocopying, processing post in and out and providing assistance to colleagues whenever necessary.
What do we need from you?
- To join our legal team, you will need to be qualified to degree level obtaining minimum 2.2 grade or have strong administrative background with a keen interest in the law.
- It is expected from you to have a high level of attention to detail when working under pressure and display a commitment to excellence.
- You need to be highly adaptable, thrive in dynamic environment and proactive as well as self-organised and motivated to assist your team and provide a great service.
- You will need good IT skills in Microsoft office applications and be able to demonstrate a commitment to self-development where required. You will also need to demonstrate excellent team working skills.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Reliable, hard-working, confident and self-motivated.
- Is happy to follow guidelines and processes with strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence in dealing with senior executives.
- Ability to use initiative, have sound judgement and a willingness to take personal responsibility with the ability to maintain standards even under pressure.
- Personable and professional and shares knowledge/experience with the team.
- Understands the importance of working with confidential information.
- Has knowledge of Blueprint (useful but not a required as training can be provided).
- Proven experience of prioritising and working to deadlines, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Support we will provide
- Guidance, mentoring and support from Deputy Company Secretary and rest of the Company secretarial team;
- Wider Corporate Services Team and other key internal parties (HR, Finance, business units);
- Mott MacDonald policies Intranet (Compass Learning);
- Training opportunities with external law firms and relevant professional bodies.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
The Legal Department is a busy international team of professionals with experts based in the UK, Dubai, Singapore, Australia, and the US. The UK legal team deals with a variety of legal issues that arise daily in a company the size and complexity of Mott MacDonald and the global team is headed by our Group General Counsel, a practising solicitor with over 30 years of legal experience. Our role is to serve our internal clients, the Mott MacDonald project teams from various business sectors, by providing commercially focused legal advice and support.
The role will be based in our Renaissance House, Croydon office which is a few minutes’ walk from East Croydon station with extensive network links to London, Surrey and Sussex. You will be an important member of the friendly Legal team which extends internationally.
The application process
Read the information provided and if it sounds like the right role for you please apply online as soon as possible. Our online application process takes about 10 minutes and you'll need to upload your CV/resume. You have the option to upload a cover letter – to help explain why you're interested in applying for this role.
The application deadline is Friday 27th September when applications will be reviewed by the team to shortlist for interviews, which will be held early October in Croydon.
Similar searches: Trainee / Internship