Assistant Company Secretary
Assistant Company Secretary
ITV is the biggest commercial television network in the UK. Behind every famous face, there are hundreds of others, all doing their bit to make things happen. We love telly, we’re passionate about content and most importantly we understand our audiences. As a growing international company, we’re commercially minded and have a global focus. We’re all about pushing the boundaries and being innovative.
Why you should join us...
ITV loves helping people build their careers. Every day we create quality content for different platforms, including some of the UK's best-loved TV programmes. Behind the scenes, our diverse team works collaboratively in a variety of different roles, thinking creatively and commercially to make an impact across the globe.
This role entails…
To work as part of a busy Secretariat team in a FTSE100 media company. You will provide high quality assistance to the Director of Secretariat across corporate governance issues and in the efficient delivery of
plc Board and divisional meeting support.
Some Key Responsibilities:
To assist in the organisation of all aspects of meeting support to the plc Board and its Committees, the executive Management Board, and divisional Studios and Broadcasting Boards including -
- Specific responsibility for attending and taking minutes at monthly Studios and Broadcast Board meetings. Attendance at other Board meetings may be required on an adhoc basis.
- Compiling agendas based on actions from previous minutes and standing agendas;
- Communicating key deadlines for pack production to stakeholders/presenters ahead of time;
- Ensuring uniform board documentation packs;
- Co-ordinating and distributing papers via Diligent Boardbooks;
- Preparation of the annual calendar for the Boards to include corporate events and key dates;
- Organising pre-Committee meetings and ad-hoc meeting requests from NED's and board members;
- Updating and maintaining the electronic and paper-based filing systems for Board and Committee related records and minutes.
To assist in monitoring and providing guidance and advice on compliance issues as required to include -
Statutory compliance – compliance with the Companies Act and other relevant legislation.
- RIS Announcements – drafting where required and ensuring all announcements made as appropriate.
- Dealing in shares – maintaining and communicating guidance and policies to ensure compliance with FCA rules and maintain Insider and Disclosure Lists.
- Document approval – maintaining and communicating policie for approving and signing documents.
- Corporate policies – revising and maintaining other customary Group Secretariat policies.
- itvplc.com – keeping governance sections up to date.
- Corporate actions – as required.
- ITV Report and Accounts
To assist in the preparation of certain sections of the plc accounts including:
- Remuneration Report
- Directors’ Report (Business Review compliance)
- Corporate Governance
- Directors’ biographies
- Shareholder Information
- To assist in the organisation of General Meetings and ensuring good relations with shareholders are maintained.
- Support with corporate Whistleblowing requirements.
- To assist with corporate gifts and hospitality reporting requirements.
- To update corporate departments on relevant issues including maintenance of Departmental microsite containing downloads of financial statements, statutory documents and other relevant information.
- Associate of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators with plc experience.
- Good communication skills and experience of attending board meetings within a large corporate organisation and working closely with executives and board members is preferred.
- Highly organised and self-motivated.
- Good time management with the ability to work to deadlines. Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- A good team player.
Closing date: 13th September 2019
We’re committed to offering flexible working options such as adjusted working hours and part-time working depending on the role, and we can chat about what would work best as part of your interview process.
We love different perspectives and celebrate individuality. So, we look for the best talent from all walks of life. We're passionate about creating a diverse and creative team of people of all ethnicities and backgrounds. Treating people equally and with fairness and respect is a way of life here. Our jobs are open to all.
At ITV we celebrate individuality. We are committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce and we strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and if you've a disability and meet the minimum criteria for the role we'll guarantee you an interview. We're happy to discuss any additional support you may need during our application process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require additional support...
At ITV it's your talent that matters and we want you to be the best you can be.